My new acoustic

I’ve been saving and finally taken the plunge and I trotted off to my local PMT to try some electro-acoustics out. I was there for an hour or so and finally settled on a Yamaha LS-TA Transacoustic and she sounds lovely. I’m really looking forward to playing her.

They just popped off to the tech shop with the guitar to check one of the buttons and I ended up buying a Uke as well :roll_eyes: :joy: which is a Ferndale UT-W tenor.

Anyway, picture below.

22 Likes

Happy NG&UD! They both look cracking. Look forward to hearing you play them. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Congratulations, nice looking

1 Like

Happy NGUD Nice burst on the Yamaha. You’ll have to give us your opinion on the Transacoustic

1 Like

Can’t beat a little burst. Congrats Stefan happy NGD and happy NUD !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy New Guitar and Uke Day… They look great!!!

1 Like

Both looking great Stefan. I wish you lots of enjoyment with both.

1 Like

Both are beautiful. Enjoy!

1 Like

Happy NGD, NUD Stefan. Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the Transacoustic. The advertising blurb says it sounds as if you’re playing in an acoustically superb room. Anything that helps can’t be bad!

1 Like

Nice burst! Enjoy!

1 Like

Both very fine looking instruments Stefan! Enjoy, can’t wait to hear you playing :+1:

1 Like

Very nice. Doesn’t the transacoustic have a speaker built in?

1 Like

Double NGD, nice! Enjoy those Stefan!

1 Like

Those are some beautiful instruments. I hear really good things about Yamaha acoustics.

1 Like

@SgtColon That Yamaha LS-TA looks magnificent!! :+1: I heard the unplugged effects of those TA’s on YouTube and it sounded amazing. I’m sure you’re going to love it. Enjoy the new guitars :guitar:

Never really see uke’s around, but they look cute. Fireside strummer?
I love this little song on the ukulele … “Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel ‘IZ’ Kamakawiwoʻole”

Enjoy :smiley:
Dave.

1 Like

Looking good and some serious tech inside I believe. Enjoy. :smiley:

1 Like

Wish you much joy, Stefan. I’m looking forward to hearing the Yamaha with some use of the fx in AVOYP soon.

1 Like

Hi Stefan,
Happy Day`s comming :partying_face: :sunglasses:
Have fun :sunglasses:
Greetings…

1 Like

Congratulations.
Always great to have new gear!
Have fun!

1 Like

Thank you everyone. I’ve not had much time to play on it but the Yammy is such a lovely instrument to play. It has Elixir strings on it that are a gauge up from what I’m used to but it just plays so easy. It is also smaller than my FG and sits really nice, though with all the gubbins inside it, it is slightly heavier but not by much.

The icing on the cake had to be that there was £450 off what was on the sticker and I didn’t know until I went to pay for it. I wish I had have known, I could have picked up an electric too. :smiley:

It sure does JK and from the bit of playing I’ve managed on it it sounds amazing when you turn the effects on. It really does give you a great sounding chorus and reverb. It saves my having to get my amp out for now.