My partners Hobby Workshop Build

I’ve not been online much over the last few months and heres why. My partners will be retiring soon and building a hobby machine workshop in the garden for something to learn. :slight_smile:

And so it begins…

Mods, if this is not permissable please feel free to lock.

Clearing the Garden,
thumbnail_20180621_093321

The start of a very big wood pile :frowning:
thumbnail_20181021_174525

A bit bigger…
thumbnail_20190428_195136

Now, Where to build it…
thumbnail_IMG-20190703-WA0005

I think just about there. :slight_smile:
thumbnail_IMG-20190704-WA0002

Ooh, a hole…
thumbnail_IMG-20190704-WA0002

Might have known it. :frowning:
thumbnail_IMG-20190706-WA0008

ouch, my aching back. :frowning:
thumbnail_DSC_0015_1

Now put it all back :frowning:

Prep for concrete base

Trial fit up…

Re-arrange it all…
thumbnail_DSC_0586

Fill it again…
thumbnail_DSC_0597

Build a bit more…
thumbnail_DSC_0627

Cover up the cracks…
thumbnail_DSC_0638

Stick a roof on it…
thumbnail_DSC_0709

Waterproof the outside…
thumbnail_DSC_0745

Batton it for cladding…
thumbnail_DSC_0773

Add a floor…
thumbnail_DSC_0808

Heat up the floor…
thumbnail_DSC_0840

Bury it…
thumbnail_DSC_0851

More to come later…
We’ve beendoing this over the past 6 months at the weekends but, my partners has seasonal work and has been home for 2 months nearly. Guitar taking a bit of a back seat, but needs must as they say.

R

18 Likes

That looks amazing! wow great job!

1 Like

Rachel @Libitina
Are you planning an extension for a guitar studio?
Michael

2 Likes

Sadly no, but. I get to use the house more lol :rofl:

R

Looks great!! Is this a wood workshop or a metal workshop? or maybe some of both? Hope we get to some of the machines going in it and the projects :smiley:

99%metal, little bit wood. Machines here are band saw, milling machine, lathe n something else.

It going to be EPIC, culminating in a 15 cylinder radial at 1/4 scale, hopefully, years down the line all posted to YouTube.

Soon…

Very cool… being a machinist myself. Having a lathe and mill, you can make other tools.
Oddly my machining crosses into my guitar hobby quite often, Making guitar parts and amp chassis for tube amps.

3 Likes

Awesome idea. :+1:, if you like, I’ll let you have the YouTube channel when it made, but, that will be a while and I’ll have to PM so no promotion on site.

Yes that would be great… Funny I was watching youtube videos yesterday about the Fender factory and how they still have and use alot of the original machines and tooling that Leo used to make the first Fender guitars back in the 1950’s. Like the Trem blocks on todays strats are made on the same Bridgeport mill that Leo used when he started.

1 Like

Hi Rachel,
How cool :sunglasses: and since you can do this all yourself, the money you save can be put into guitars for making up for the time lost due to all that work :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Even though I just brought my last ever Guitar lol…

R

1 Like

No No no no ,
With such statements you must realize that children are also watching me and a parental warning for such guitarslander is desirable … :flushed:

:blush:

1 Like

Holy guacamole Batman!

That is some serious weekend working going on there.

Underfloor heating too! Wow.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll try to remember that.:laughing:

R

1 Like

And then some, 7 month now. I’m so in need of a break but still so much to do.

:sob:

My other half has 2 MZ bike frames, a 2 cylinder and a rarer 4 cylinder. These are going to added for work to be done apparently.

R

1 Like

That is looking very cool, Rachel. That is some serious weekend project but it will be great when it’s finished.

1 Like

Thank you, here’s a little update.

Going for a little trip on a liner…

1 Like

BANG BANG, I shot it down. BANG BANG I nearly hit the ground, it nearly as big as me.

1 Like