My second AVOYP : MOOD INDIGO

Hi everybody! Last time I shared my very first AVOYP playing a one note at a time, no chords, tune. The Let it be guitar solo. Lots of courage and humility. If I can’t play chords, only single notes, lets try to have fun again with single notes… This one is my second one note at a time tune. Transcribed from one of the very first LP I had when I was around 12. Duke Ellington’s MOOD INDIGO. It was from a best of LP. A long muted trumpet solo with an acompagning walking bass and the theme only coming at the very end of the number. Simple and beautiful. Since it was from a best of LP, I never knew who was the horn player. Even if there is no chords, it made me practice a lot. A little slower than the original just because I couldn’t play it faster… The best I could do. Good day!

Duke Ellington’s MOOD INDIGO

9 Likes

That was a treat, Luc, sounded so good.

I have re-categorised the Topic so it appears in the AVOYP area of the Community. For your next remember to navigate to this section, #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing, and post via clicking ‘New Topic’ on this page. But don’t sweat it, it takes me just seconds to re-categorise.

Look forward to your next!

Thank you David! Helps me a lot. I’m some time kind of confused. So many sections. :roll_eyes: Thank you and have a good day.

1 Like

That was a joy to listen to Luc. Very well played and good work transcribing it. You say it was a little slower than the original, to me it sounded just the right tempo for the mood. I could actually picture myself on holiday having a drink by the bar in the evening listening to the relaxing music being played.

1 Like

Thank you !

A nice and chilled listen.

1 Like

That was great Luc, nice and chilled and perfect for listening to on a lazy Sunday morning here.

1 Like

Thank you !

Thank you !

Hi Luc,
nice and smooth, :sunglasses:
and I am convinced that if you can figure this out and play learning a few chords you will really succeed…
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thank you Roger for the encouragement. Appreciated. :grinning: :smiley:

Wow effect on me! It was a treat for my ears and a joy to listen to. Wonderful :blush:

1 Like

Hi Silvia ! Your so nice feed back is very encouraging for me. Thank you ! Have a good day!

Love your sound that you got going on BigLuc Nice!

Beautiful work Luc, I need some slippers and a brandy to maximise my appreciation!! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I found this sound in LOGIC PRO. The Heavenly tweed amp with no pedal and lots of reverb. :smiley: :grinning: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :laughing:

Scotch 'n cigar… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Really nice Luc, I enjoyed that. It was something a little different and that can’t be bad. Well done.

1 Like

sweet stuff bro!
Some nice flowing parts in there and overall a very enjoyable piece of playing.
You show you have the “feel” for this smooth jazz!

Although I like reverb a lot, the trail might be a bit too long (nothing wrong with the intensity on this though ;))

Sounds gorgeous Luc! I think jazz not an easy genre to play, but you made it sound great.