My take on a-ha’s take on me

I am playing my take on a-ha’s song take on me. I will not be singing this as it’s way to high for my voice. I haven’t posted any song in a while so here we go and have a listen.

[https://on.soundcloud.com/WzS8ULPT7fWsyPKD8]
(https://on.soundcloud.com/WzS8ULPT7fWsyPKD8)

8 Likes

Cool share, Jeff :sunglasses:
Nice tone (a bit of reverb?), steady strumming
What’s not to like?

Consider a capo…
or transcribing :smiley:

It’s a great habit to get into playing the song from start to finish, but for recording strumming accompaniment without vocals, one verse and chorus +/- bridge is probably enough. Folk will get bored :roll_eyes:
I’m tempted to try to add some vox :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the comment Brian, I left out the intro on this for that reason of not singing it. I do the whole song when I sing it ,but brings much more to the song when you sing and play. I also can’t really sing as my voice is shot it gets weak when I sing and I lose sound sometimes as I sing. It’s funny what happens as you age.

Nice strumming, Jeff. Shame you didn’t want to sing along. I like to always hear it for a fuller context of the song. This is a guitar forum so you should never worry about your voice, which no doubt would have been better then you think it would.

1 Like

Jeff

Excellent! Consistent strumming; and yes, as others have said, you should trust in your voice - it gets better and easier with practice. Well played.

Brian

Yea my voice really can’t it goes soft even when I talk it goes out . And if I yell across the room even worse. But thanks for feed back and the listen.

Thanks for the listen and reply . I wish I could but it would be really bad. And I would get comments on how I should sing louder and my voice just can’t do it. But again thanks for the feed back I like when people listen and give feed back on it.

Very good rhythm Jeff.

1 Like

Thanks Boris1565

1 Like

I empathise Jeff. I’ve got a weak voice too. Appeared at an OM some years ago and the sound guy did his best but no one could hear me! I think I’ve improved after a lengthy period enrolled on Chris Liepe courses. However I probably rely a lot on the volume control of my AI.
Of course I wouldn’t presume to know your challenges or suggest that what works for some will work for you. Just maybe do a bit of digging into what may help if you’d like to improve your voice projection. I’ll leave you alone now.

Incidentally, when I posted my first AVOYP years ago someone told me to do what you said might happen: told me I was too quiet and should sing up. I knew I couldn’t too. The poster was Norwegian something or other. Haven’t seen her on the forum for a long time.

1 Like

Thanks for your input I will definitely look into it .

Great rhythm Jeff. Thanks for posting this one

Thanks Jeff I just can’t sing like you though

1 Like

Bugger for some reason when I click the link via my phone it tries to download soundcloud app! I need to revisit from my pc

Just have fun with it when u try to sing. That’s what I do even if it doesn’t sound perfect. Not signing a record label so just have fun. I did Green Day with laser beam eyes lol. Gotta head to work at the football game to do security. Have a good one.