NaNa Scales Mt Rainier - Original Song By NaNa & LBro

Hi Adi,
Yeah, thinking back on it. I would say NaNa was taken out of commission probably just prior to your coming aboard. She used to do all the singing and once she was on the back burner I had no one to sing. Thus I took it upon myself to try and improve. Hey if you want to hear her really do a song; look up “Sad Mans Tongue” on my channel. It is worth the spin. No one could sing that fast, but her and it was a male singer song. So we altered the lyrics to fit NaNa and it came out good. Kasper plays on that one, along with Roman on R Guitar too. It rocks…

Glad this struck a good note with you and thanks for the nice comments!

All the best,
LB

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the nice comments and glad you enjoyed this one. Maybe my originals are getting better. They are tough for me to write and try to make into something folks would call a song. The easy part on this one was the theme of the song, as there was a lot to tell and share.

Take good care!
LB

Hi Kasper,
Well, there must be hope for my originals as you called out “nice melodies”. I actually wrote the song so NaNa’s verse parts sounded better than mine. I took a couple minor chords in my verse parts and her parts were all major chords, thus a little sweeter. Melodies are hard for me to write, I have a mental block when it comes to those. The vocals layers in the chorus section are a 3 part harmony. I sure wish I could have gotten NaNa in there… maybe another day for that one.

The mountain climb was probably one of the toughest things she has ever done. 14,400 some odd feet is near the needed bottled oxygen zone! So each step you take near the summit is a major step up without on board air.

Thanks for the comments and all the best!
LB

Really great production LBro. Great to have a video to watch of the journey while listening to the song of the journey - made it complete.

Seems like a pretty epic climb.

How long did it take? Is it the kind of thing you do days and days of with camping on the mountain or is it one huge day?

Still got a little breathing room. After that NaNa could set her sights on Kilimanjaro at just under 20,000 feet, which is summited without oxygen. I’ve not done it but know many who have. They say it’s spectacular, to stand on the highest point in Africa.

Hi James,
Thanks for stopping by for a listen and the nice comments. I am glad you were pleased by this one! Plenty of waiting on this one! :slight_smile:

All the best and be well,
LB

1 Like

Hi Maggie,
Yeah, the NaNa can sing and really it sometimes is frustrating it is so easy for her. That was 1 hour of tracking on her part and that was it. In and out of the studio in no time flat. I am glad you liked this and the stunning video shots… Thanks for the overall great comments!

All the best and be well,
LB

1 Like

Hi David,
Be careful - going past 1 listen exposes the warts… JK Glad you liked all the elements of the song that you listed.

I will let NaNa know your thoughts and comments! She is always interested in how our songs go over!

This video took some doing. The hard part was I had a lot to choose from and knowing what to use, plus hunting for it, took some time!

All the best and rock it down!
LB

1 Like

LB this is true for every aspect of your productions. I know you spend countless hours with every one of the elements. You have such an eye for detail, lots of cool fx and such and the patience to stick with it. The polish on all your productions makes them shine bright.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments Leo! Yep, that high mountain is not really that far from Seattle and on a clear day, it can be seen from all over the region.

You take good care and keep the songs coming!
LB

Hi Pam,
Thanks for your comments! Ha, glad the melody stuck with you a bit. Maybe I am gaining ground on melodies?

The chorus lines consisted of 2 parts. The “Mount Rainier” part was repetitive. However, there was a lot of story to tell. So the chorus after the repetitive part, then goes into unique lyrics that further tell the story. Thus, the chorus is a combination of both elements.

Not sure about being brave in climbing the mountain. Maybe she was a bit crazy back then??? :smirk:

You take good care and be well!
LB

Hey Brian,
Greetings and hope all is well there. Sounds like this one lit up your radar and you found it to be worthwhile. NaNa and I thank you for your comments!

Keep up those good vibes as well and take good care!
LB

Hey Digger,
Hope all is well on your end.

Yes, an epic journey all the way around. Indeed!

The footage is a compilations from around the net and sadly, NaNa did not supply any of it. I should have asked though as I imagine she at least would have had some good shots at the summit. Yes, you should film the “hill” on your end! :smirk:

Thanks for the kind review and hope your next offering is as dark as they come! You should be proud of my efforts at writing this song. I actually put in a couple minor chords!

All the best!
LB

Hi Gordon,
Thanks for the generous words! Yep, nothing but time on these productions. All aspects take a lot of time. Originals differ though from covers in a couple of areas!

I hope to hear something new from your end soon and hope you are well, there.

LB

1 Like

Hi JK,
Thanks for the spin and kind words Sir.

You know I would have to ask NaNa how long her climb took. I want to say it was at least 2 days and possibly more. Very few could do this climb in a day. I think the parking lot at the base of the climb is at 7,000 feet. So one has to climb up the final 7,400 feet. There is a camp called Camp Muir, which is permanent and at around 10,000 feet. Most spend a night there. Then they get up early in the morning before daylight and can make a final push from there.

All the best!
LB

1 Like

True enough, and I was not sure of the exact altitude when oxygen is needed. Turns out there is not “exact” altitude. It seems most consider 26,000 ft as the “dead zone”, where you are going to be toast if you don’t get supplemental oxygen. From there on down, it depends on many factors and chief among them is the individual. It can vary greatly from one person to the next.

I also know NaNa’s days of scaling tall mountains is likely over. The only mountain she is scaling, is taking care of her 3 year old… Ha, that is a big challenge! :smile:

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Thanks Maggie,
Does this mean I get a new set of ears to go along with the “eye for details” - ??? :smirk:

Take good care,
LB

Wow that was fantastic. Well done. So professional.

Thanks Ron!
Not sure about professional… The pros are very good at what they do. Us amatures still have a hard time in mixing so it sounds good on all playback devices. The pros nail that one easy. Glad you enjoyed this and hope you have a great guitar journey!

LB

Well,LB, It’s nice to hear this production with NaNa’ vocal in the mix. The two of you sound good together. I really liked your guitar, too. You need to do more with that once things get sorted out. The bass in the beginning sounded really good. I was a little disappointed when it was pulled back after that intro.
A very fine performance and production all the way around!!