Need Your Love So Bad [SOLO] by Peter Green Lesson

Learn to play Need Your Love So Bad [SOLO] by Peter Green on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Need Your Love So Bad [SOLO] by Peter Green | JustinGuitar

@DavidP @TheMadman_tobyjenner Have you tried to learn this yet? Justin has a great lesson for it. It’s Grade 6 but this will teach you so much about bends and phasing and I think both of ready to give it a try. The solo isn’t hard. Getting the technique is what is hard.

1 Like

Rick on my list for sure, along with Man Of The World (which I need to return and persevere with) its one of my all time favourite songs . Will take a look at the lesson, thanks for the nudge. :sunglasses:

Good lesson. Think Mr Stich does one as well. And yes certainly doable I think. Another iron in the fire ! And a multi track backing track acquired from karaoke-version.co.uk for a possible project !
:sunglasses:

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Guitar Challenge (Lead Guitar) - Need Your Love So Bad

I’ve watched the lesson. Need to tab it out to have a reference for each lick and will get going on this.

Oh yes, I found it: Need Your Love So Bad - Fleetwood Mac - Custom Backing Track - Karaoke Version

Don’t put yourself down, Darrell. You’ve produced some challenging recordings along the way. I’d certainly not be thinking that Darrell did it so ipso facto so can I.

But am up to give this a go.

1 Like

Can share if you like ? Will be downloading later but is now in my online K-V files folder.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, that’ll be great Toby

I’ll drop you a PM. Just spent 40 minutes with it. Licks are fairly straight forward, tone and half bend is a finger shredder but the nuances are the hardest part. @stitch thx for the nudge its real fun to play, even playing it badly. :wink:

2 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner @DavidP I still think this is the best way to learn licks. Yes you can have someone like Justin teach you a bunch of licks out of context and never know how to use them or you can learn licks in context and add them to you playing because you know the technique and appropriate place to use them.

3 Likes

Thanks @stitch for reviving this topic. I’ve been looking for some more short solos to develop my bending/vibrato/phrasing skills. This one fits the bill perfectly.

2 Likes

Welcome to the party Shane :wink:

Thanks Toby. Will be a good challenge. Similar to the Still Got the Blues intro/solo - technically not overly difficult, but its the nuances and finesse in the phrasing/bends/ vibrato that present the real challenge.

1 Like

@sclay I can’t take the credit Shane. David @DavidP posted a video of Gary Moore doing NYLSB and we hijacked the thread so I got him to move it to its own thread. It is a great solo to learn, don’t forget to steal all the licks and techniques you can.

1 Like

Oh…I’ll be stealin alright. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: As someone who’s always valued myself as a man of integrity; in the guitar world, I’m nought but a shameless rogue. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And thanks @DavidP for bringing this to the forum.

Cheers Shane

Ooh grade 6 and I think I can do that… worth a go

Just watched the lesson through and love the tip of using the thumb to mute the unneeded strings on a bend.

Looking forward to giving it a go later lots of nice little subtle bits

@stitch actually you can take all the credit. Based on your suggestion to learn a solo as a means to developing technique, feel, timing and learning licks in a musical context I’d had a look at a few of Justin’s lessons for something suitable.

I eventually settled on NYLSB and in process was watching first original Fleetwood Mac and then the Gary Moore cover, which I chose to share in WAYCLT.

@sclay guess that’s all relative, Shane. The bend and dip, the tone-and-a-half followed by the clean note a semi lower without any bend … these are technically challenging for me.

@RobDickinson Hope you had fun, Rob, and look forward to hearing you play it eventually.

Last night I started in on the first couple of licks. Lots of fun, lots to learn. Don’t expect a full play through recording this weekend :laughing:

@sairfingers Come on Gordon, we’ve danced with Layla, so you should join us at this Greenie party.

Probably not on the electric tonight, and I’ve about a decades worth of finger style blues to work through haha, give it a go tomorrow.

Lot of it is well in my ballpark but not all for sure, a good pieces to practice

1 Like

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Guitar Challenge (Lead Guitar) - Need Your Love So Bad

Mmm….now that’s a thought. :thinking: