Guitar Challenge (Lead Guitar) - Need Your Love So Bad

Much appreciated Maggie. Your kind words and ongoing encouragement mean alot to me. :purple_heart:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Richard. Means a lot mate. Work to do in a few areas there, but feel like I’ve got the basics down OK.

Cheers, Shane

Thanks Roger. Much aporeciated mate.
Cheers, Shane

Great song song, great intro & I thought you did it a ton of justice. The bends sounded good to me too, but I’m no expert.

1 Like

@sclay
Shane, you originally posted up in the Guitar Challenges sub-category. We’ve done a little soft shoe shuffle since then to allow Richard to create the new challenge Topic and I’ve added yours to the Topic.

Once again, sounding really good.

1 Like

Well, if I can do it……

5 Likes

Haha, you don’t know how long it took me to get it presentable :joy:
Seriously, it’s a great one to challenge yourself with, it’s not too long but it really needs you to feel it rather than just play the notes - anyone can play the notes but to get that magic out of it is something else. Learn the notes first so you know them intimately and then go for adding the feeling - it will take a while!

3 Likes

I can imagine and I’m sure it may take me as long and as likely as not be less presentable.

No worries on that score, it will be fun to work on it, irrespective of how well I may get to play it.

1 Like

Yeah there is some much subtlety with Greenie. Will be a challenge for jack hammer hands and fingers. But in for a penny !!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Beautifully played Darrell!

1 Like

Hi Darrell,
I scrolled through this quickly, and because I read Kasper’s comment I looked up what he meant … BEAUTIFUL …
surely this also has another place where you can listen to this huh?..you can’t just hide this here,…must have a better place somewhere,…but I had it not heard yet…again, beautifully played :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :bouquet:
Greetings

1 Like

Darrell

Could not get this to play yesterday but had to download it. Very nice indeed sir. And I like the way you have continued past the solo to reflect the vocal melody. This will be a good comparison to measure progress.

Thanks for the share.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

That was lovely, Darrell, very expressive.

1 Like

Nice touch, Shane. It all sounded good to by ears.

1 Like

Not a bad start at all Shane, the only real thing I heard was be careful when you do a bend don’t allow it to drop unless it’s required, you should cut them off before that happens. Apart from that it’s nothing but practice to get from not bad to excellent - but remember that practice makes perfect right or wrong, look at individual phrases in detail and make sure all are correct one at a time.

1 Like

Thanks Darrell. Really appreciate the listen mate, and the helpful feedback re the bends. Will certainly take onboard moving forward.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hi Shane,

Great job. Super clean. Fit well with the backing track.

Digger

Hi Darrell,

Lovely job.
Nice work on the tone - got the balance of clean with that thick/slightly wet sound.

Digger

1 Like

Well done Shane, that was really great. You’re right on track to perfecting this classic solo.

@DarrellW

Had another listen, Darrell. Fabulous recording, the solos and the arpeggiated rhythm and gorgeous tone on both.

1 Like