New Amp Day (NAD?)

Iā€™ve been wanting a Yamaha THR10-II for awhile (out of stock pretty much everywhere) and finally found one; it just arrived. This is replacing the $99 Vox Pathfinder Iā€™ve been using since the start and I feel like itā€™s ideal for me at this pointā€¦it ought to complement my new guitar nicely. This is not the wireless version; didnā€™t see the need since Iā€™m using it in my office only. :wink:

5 Likes

Congrats on the new amp! Those new THR amps are pretty nifty.

Great amp, youā€™ll have some fun with that :+1::metal:t2:

Happy NAD Scott ! 345
:sunglasses:

Nice!

I have both the THR10ii and the Vox Pathfinder (15R). IMO they are quite different beasts. The THR is an ideal practice amp and you will have a lot of fun.

But the Pathfinder is great too. Personally I think it needs to be played a lot louder than the THR to get the best from it, which means itā€™s less useful for ā€œbedroom-levelā€ practice.

If you have the space and donā€™t need the funds, I would recommend keeping the Pathfinder around. They are great little amps at what they do. I donā€™t use mine very often, but I think I would regret selling it.

Cheers,

Keith

This is exactly what Iā€™ve found with the Pathfinder; it wants the volume and sometimes, thatā€™s just not ideal. Iā€™ve got no plans to get rid of it right now.

Just finished a practice session with the THR and, wow, loving the bluetooth feature! It sounds really nice too!

1 Like

Great choice Burnspot. I have the wireless version and love it. Every time I use it I am so pleased with how it sounds. I have not explored itā€™s full potential using the software/app but sounds great straight out of the box and really easy to tweak to get the sound you want. I think it looks pretty cool too and great for travelling with.
Enjoy!

Yep, Iā€™ve been really happy with it so far and enjoy being able to play the metronome and beginner app through it. I gave the wireless version some serious thought, but just couldnā€™t picture a scenario where Iā€™d be taking advantage of it. I suspect itā€™s super handy though.