New Guitar player uk. Hello all from Steve

As I approach my 50th year I’ve decided I’d like to learn the guitar. Started yesterday with A and D with Justin. Hello to all here to try and stay motivated. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Stephen, and the wonderful adventure that is learning to play. Staying active in the Community and sharing your playing in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing (you’ll get there sooner than you think!) is a great way to stay motivated.

1 Like

@MulchyD welcome to the community. Congratulations on a great choice, learning the guitar gives such great rewards for a fair bit of difficulty. I started 10 years ago at the age of 53 and am so thankful I stuck with it and kept going when the motivation sagged. Hang in there, looking forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Hello Steve and a very warm welcome to the community.
Get those A and D chord changes coming along. With just two chords you can learn and play loads of songs. What you waiting for? Learn songs, learn songs learn songs my friend.:slight_smile:

Thank you so much. I will keep you updated

Thanks man. I will definitely look into that.

Welcome Stephen to the beginning of a great adventure. Justins a tremendous teacher, and this community is full of great folk who’ll help you along.
Ask away anytime time you need to, and join in mate.
And be kind to yourself in the first few months.

All the best,
Cheers, Shane.

Thanks man. Appreciate it I’m sure I will lean on you all along this long and winding road.

Steve.

Welcome Stephen. Once you have the A and D chords reasonable try some songs, they will improve your changes.

Hello Stephen and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Thanks David I will I was pretty down on myself about my changes between D and A but remembered only been doing this 3 days so far. Plus I look like a knodding dog looking at either hand.

1 Like

Thanks Skinnyt I was thinking about think it might help me.

Thanks Sgt hopefully I will enjoy this journey for many years to come.

Can’t asd to what has been said already, so Welcome Mulch.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Madman.
This is cool it’s like having lots of friends in your corner.

Bring on the journey

1 Like