New Original - Careless Dice

This one is different in many ways for me. First the topic is very different from those I’ve attempted in the past. This is about differences between the fortunate and powerful on the one hand and the unfortunate and powerless on the other - as well as rationalizations we offer to account for the differences between these groups. Secondly, I’m playing around with open G tuning (I think) here. The E strings are tuned down to D, and the A string is tuned down to G. Thirdly, this is the first time I’ve worked with a regular pick (thumb and first finger) as well as finger picks on the second and third fingers. So, lots of new stuff for me here.

8 Likes

Very nice recording.
Very emotional singing, I love this.

1 Like

Very nice. Immediately I thought Tom Rush.

1 Like

I can’t believe how far down I had to scroll to find this from just the other day, Jay! :open_mouth:

Hats off and kudos to you for pushing your boundaries. It’s how we learn/progress.
Alternate tunings are a different universe to me, so I cannot offer anything other than it sounded good to these lugs.
Tackling big topics like inequality/injustice in songs is not easy and it works best for me in your song when you focus on details like the overcooked meal or the bell in the queue.
It doesn’t move me as much as some of your other more personal ones, but I would encourage you to continue stretching yourself like this. You’re a really good songwriter. :smiley:

1 Like

Fantastic Jay. Really enjoyed your playing, the lyrics and your vocals. Congratulations on another great original!

1 Like

Another cracking original from you Jay. Great playing and singing, then lyrics were also really good.

1 Like

This is really great. Luv the lyrics, how you sing and the guitar. :+1: :sunglasses: :heart: :pray:

1 Like

Didn’t have the opportunity to take this in when first posted, forgot to come back and glad I spotted it yesterday, Jay.

Another original that has your chracteristic feel to the lyrics and delivery, which is a good thing. You have a style that really does engage.

You are right, the tuning is open G.

You did really well executing the hybrid picking with use of finger-picks. Your technique and ability just keeps growing.

Bravo

1 Like