New song from The Beatles

Hello fans and other music practitionersā€¦
I had expected a little more enthusiasm or even a small conversation about this subject allreadyā€¦ When I heard this news on the radio I thought for a moment " let it rest just like a seamanā€™s grave", but soon I realized that if even one person is happy with the new song, it is already worth it, and I think there are even thousands of people full of anticipation and fun/pleasure going to find in itā€¦I can hardly wait for the people who himself calling ā€¦ serious peopleā€¦ to start nag about a song on my news radio stationā€¦ :smile:

Greetings,Rogier

a ā€˜finalā€™ Beatles song

3 Likes

I was reading about this yesterday Rogier on the very same source as you have posted. Interesting stuff and very clever too. Iā€™m looking forward to hearing what it sounds like.

1 Like

I was mortified when I read the headline in a local paper this morning. It was something along the lines of ā€œMcCartney to use AI to record new Beatles trackā€. I was relieved to see it was just Now and Then; a song that was meant to be part of the anthology series but wasnā€™t recorded due to George not believing the vocal was a high enough standard. Advances in technology plus George not being around anymore has made it possible. Paul has always wanted it to be released.

1 Like

Hi,

:rofl: and you wonā€™t be alone :laughing:

I have not read or heard that ā€¦ it was a fairly short message on the news and I have looked for an English article which I ā€˜scannedā€™ very quickly, thank you for that info :sweat_smile:ā€¦ I do not have a CD myself or LP of them (I hope Gordon doesnā€™t read this)ā€¦but Iā€™m glad they existed :sunglasses:
Greetingsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sure this wonā€™t be the last brought back form the grave release. Every estate of recording artists wonā€™t be able to resist the money.

2 Likes

ā€¦absolutely many will follow, the advantage is that we donā€™t have to listen to it if we donā€™t want toā€¦unless everyone here is going to cover those songs, well then I must :thinking: ā€¦ :smile:
Greetingsā€¦

1 Like

ā€œAIā€ often needs a modifierā€¦I know when I see the term, my mind immediately jumps to ā€œgenerative AIā€ which is powered, as I (barely) understand, by large language models. That doesnā€™t seem to be whatā€™s going on here. Interested in insight from more sophisticated followers of these technologies!

2 Likes

Hi Judi ,
Nice that you are interested but I am going to drop out ā€¦ I can still imagine the simplest explanation of what and how they did ā€¦ but hopefully this will not become too technical a thread later , I donā€™t do that :smile: ā€¦ :wink:
Greetingsā€¦

1 Like

Roger,
Yes, of course, I apologize and withdraw my request. :blush: This is absolutely not the place for such a discussion!
-Judi

1 Like

:joy: :sweat_smile:

Ooo butā€¦everyone can say what they want to discuss here, only Iā€™ll drop out :upside_down_face:ā€¦thereā€™s a lot of hassle coming up with this techniqueā€¦ :boom:
Greetingsā€¦

1 Like

I say Live and Let Live :smiley:
Itā€™s his job and what he does/is. Many will be happy about it.
Tbh, if he decided to reform the Beatles with Yoko Onoā€™s hairdresser, George Harrisonā€™s gardener and Ringoā€™s canary, it wouldnā€™t bother me in the slightest. And many would still be happy about it.
Iā€™ll be more interested to see how he reacts in a couple of yearsā€™ time when we can say: ā€œComputer, make me a music video of Paul McCartney singing aboutā€¦ā€
Heā€™s an astute businessman as well as a good songwriter. (I still donā€™t like Obladiblada :roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

Hi B rian,
I hope it is clear that I feel the same way when it comes to their (old) or new or ā€¦ songsā€¦but here again there was serious talk by ā€œconnoisseursā€ on a news radio station about how good or bad it would be (and guess what prevails) ā€¦ and Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll put it up a notch when the song is outā€¦ But for all I care they play their instruments with theirā€¦BEEPā€¦huhā€¦,with their BeePā€¦nooo computer is broken :upside_down_face:ā€¦

I just hoped that many people will enjoy it and if not then just donā€™t listen to it (unless you start working with it like a butcher of course) ,and others well then I will listen carefully :sunglasses:
Greetingsā€¦

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

I donā€™t claim to understand it either, but for a quick, free way to check out whatā€™s possible, look at Moises. It will quickly and very successfully extract vocals and instruments into separate tracks, which you can then mute or solo.

It sounds like Mcartneyā€™s producer used something similar.

Iā€™ve tried many of these apps, and this one is next level. The free version is very capable right out of the box, and very easy to use. (Musopia could learn a lot from these folks).

Also has a ā€œsmart metronomeā€ feature that figures out the tempo and overlays a click on any songā€¦really useful for figuring out complex rhythms.

I have a feeling this is a game changerā€¦and itā€™s just the start!

3 Likes

Hi Tom, thanks for sharing that. I have used Lalal.ai and it seems okay, but in your experience is Moises significantly better? Had a quick gander at the website and seems pretty good. This type of ā€œAIā€ is a great use of the technology, super helpful for creating custom backing tracks :+1: (appreciate some may disagree :wink: )

1 Like

I tried Laylal.ai just now on their website.

As far as I can tell, the Moises iPad app is much, much better in terms of usability and features, and is available now.

I suggest that everyone just download the app for their platform and try itā€¦itā€™s really very easy to get started.

3 Likes

Hmm this is interesting :thinking:. Have you tried using it to remove a guitar part (i.e. create a backing track for practice)? As in, are there alternatives to hoping to find something suitable on Youtube?

2 Likes

Hi Hilary, Lalal.ai does that pretty well from my experience however it looks as though Moises may do it much better based on @Tbushellā€™s comments above. I regularly use the resulting files (with guitar removed & sometimes vocals also) as backing tracks for practice or performance when a YouTube version was either not exactly what I was after or not available. Works well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Tom, Iā€™ll check it out!

1 Like

Well, this thread has been thoroughly hijacked.

2 Likes