Newbie at 63 - hello from Bruno in New Zealand

Welcome Bruno!
Wish you all the best on your guitar journey! :grin:
And dont give up!! :v:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Bruno! :slight_smile:

Great you came back to learning the guitar. Your bass and band experience will probably help a lot. :smiley: Wish you loads of fun on the journey!

Cheers - Lisa

2 Likes

Welcome Bruno, and stick with it! You will not regret. Share as much as you are comfortable with, your guitar playing goals. I know a few Bass players who went int guitar playing, They all keep time most wonderfully, so that is half the battle one, they know how to keep the groove!^

2 Likes

Hi Bruno, nice to meet you. Good luck and keep going. Indulge yourself in a bit of fun play around you practice routine to distract from any crisis and before you know it you will be over the hump.
Best wishes,
Alan

2 Likes

To everybody who replied to my post, thank u so much for the encouragement and kind words!
Even at 63, I see it as a journey rather than a destination.
For each plateau there’s a joyful step in progress.
I wish you all the best in your journeys wherever thay lead
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi Bruno,
Welcome to the community.
As others have said enjoy the journey have fun :slight_smile:
A

2 Likes

Hello Bruno, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:!

You’re so right :smiley:. There is no final spot, peak, or whatever to reach. This will go on and on, as long as you want to. So, no hurry needed. Take your time, enjoy it, have fun :grinning:.

2 Likes

Welcome Bruno :wave: …you already learnt a lot…you know that tune… :notes:…went the distance now I’m not gonna stop, just a man and his will to survive…:notes: :love_you_gesture::wink:

1 Like

Welcome Bruno, I’m 62 and also at the end of G2. Despite all the rabbit holes and times I felt stuck, still ploughing trough.
You got this far and would be a pity if you stop now. You might end up regretting that.
You found this community there’s plenty of great people around here to give you some pep talk or advice.
Just have fun with your guitar.

2 Likes

Welcome Bruno, your bass playing should help progress.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to our community Bruno. :slight_smile:

We all have those plateau’s from time to time, you just need to battle on through them.

2 Likes

Hi Bruno, welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Hi y’all. I’m keeping a log (in Excel) of progress. Prob spending too long on it rather than practise!
I find following Nitjus is helpful (Justin on left-hand)
It prodded me into ‘reversing’ some bad habits, such as holding thumb over on the neck, rather than behind it. Good muscle exercise for future barre chords.
Regards to the forum :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Bruno, nother kiwi here, welcome to the forum and to learning properly this time! I think quite a few have been on a similar journey

2 Likes

Hi Bruno,
Dave from Rhode Island, USA here. I’m also 63 and have been doing Justin’s course for a couple of years now. Progressing slowly (just finishing grade 2) but enjoying the ride. Keep it up and have fun!

2 Likes

Welcome to J Guitar Community @bld :guitar::guitar::ok_hand::clap::sparkles::sparkles::tada:

2 Likes

Hello Bruno.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. It’s great you have found Justin’s lessons, he offers structure and a sure path to follow from the very beginning. Thousands and thousands have learned using his lessons. Thanks for taking a subscription to the App. It is definitely worth checking the matching lessons on the website. All have additional information, some downloadable content and each has a link to a dedicated discussion topic here in the community.
If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
It’s worth checking out all the other old dogs too:

Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

Thx Richard. Currently battling the F-chord ‘demon’ but otherwise progress is good.
I feel the good vibes and warm support from this forum - even tho I haven’t engaged much in it, it helps believe me! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Bruno plateaus are pretty common, you just have to ride the storm. Good thing is there is a wealth of experience and helpful folk here, who can give you support and guidance. Welcome.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Bruno here again.
Well - I’m playing everyday and enjoying it.
I’m actually stuck (in a good way) at Grade 2, as I’m taking Justin’s advice and consolidating all I’ve learnt in G2.
When I’m ready, I’ll get into Grade3.
Thinking I should go to an Open Mic tho…
Regards to all you Gat players - keep rockin’!

2 Likes