Newly Added Filter

I know from other threads that people have been having issues with new song releases on the app.
So I’m going to use this thread to post the new songs that I get on my app, so others can compare and make sure no one is missing out on new songs.

Otherwise, there’s really no way for any individual user to know if there is an error on their app where they are not getting a new song or the appropriate version of a song (vocal vs midi).

Currently, these are my newest additions:

*O Holy Night - traditional
*Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (slow version) - traditional
*What Child is This - traditional
*Angels from the Realms of Glory - traditional
*O Little Town of Bethlehem - traditional
*I Saw Three Ships - traditional
*It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - traditional
*Christmases When You Were Mine - Taylor Swift
*Silent Night - Taylor Swift
*Silver Bells - Elvis Presley
*Run Rudolph Run - Chuck Berry
*Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
*Merry Christmas, Baby - Elvis Presley
*Do They Know It’s Christmas? - Band Aid

After this I have:
Sing - Ed Sheeran (Always seems to be listed right after the newest stuff - though it’s old…)
*Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
*Cha Cha Cha - Kaarija
*Funhouse - P!nk
*Born Country - Alabama
*Do You Want to Dance - Bobby Freeman
*Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls
*Take It On the Run - REO Speedwagon

Annnd I’m pretty sure the rest of my list has nothing to do with the release date, it seems to be completely scrambled as far as when the songs were released. Even the ones after Cha Cha Cha are a bit suspect as I’m going from memory.

Regardless, the Newly Added filter is definitely broken.

(* Indicates it has vocals)

1 Like

Just got a new phone alert about new Christmas songs.
Took a look and they are all the same ones I have posted above, 14 days ago.

I have noticed in the past, that sometimes when I get an alert about new songs, they don’t actually appear until later (I had the alert at least 7 hours ago). So maybe there still will be some new Christmas songs…

Edit: Looking at it again, it might have been a new Christmas Mood and Themes addition. Hard to say as it mentioned new songs. I might have to start recording the alert messages as well.

1 Like

Just logging the new alerts I had over the holidays:

A couple days ago I got an alert about the new German songs, but I didn’t get the screenshot.

I noticed the songs themselves popped up on the app by the 24th.

Here’s what my current Newly Added Filter looks like:

If you compare the list of new songs to my first post, you will notice that it no longer lists the following:

*Christmases When You Were Mine - Taylor Swift
*Silent Night - Taylor Swift
*Silver Bells - Elvis Presley
*Run Rudolph Run - Chuck Berry
*Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
*Merry Christmas, Baby - Elvis Presley
*Do They Know It’s Christmas? - Band Aid

They are still on the app, they just don’t appear in the correct order for when they were added on the Newly Added Filter; further evidence that it is not functioning correctly. You’ll also notice that Sing by Ed Sheeran has once again thrust itself immediately after the newest songs on my list, but before the Christmas songs that it was previously listed afterwards on my first post (I am starting to suspect this song has gained sentience and is trying to break free from the list…).

Over the holidays it looks like I lost the following songs from my Favorites list:

Stone Temple Pilots - Creep
Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers - American Girl
Selena Gomez - The Heart Wants What it Wants
Halsey - Finally // Beautiful Stranger

Didn’t really care about the last two, but the first two hurt…

I’m starting to work my way through the new German songs.
I have to admit I was a bit disappointed that the new drop of songs was a bunch of foreign songs I’ve never heard of, but so far I really like the first two and the next two are ok, so I’ll be adding them to my playlist.

Note: I live in Australia so I’m a day in front of most people out there :grin:

1 Like

Roughly three days ago 11 new German songs were added (no app alert yet):

Note that on the Newly Added Fliter, of the previous 11 new German songs, only 5 of them are still listed. Once again, they are still on the app (all 22 can be found on the new German Songs playlist), but no longer listed in the order that they should appear in the Newly Added Filter.

And yet again, Ed Sheeran’s Sing is listed between the 11 new German songs and the 5 previous ones, and then the list continues to look like it did from my previous post.

I would be interested to know if anyone else’s looks different than mine.

I appreciate your diligence in reporting these issues… Which have been broken for a long time.

Going forward I suggest you tag @MusopiaApps every time you post…the do seem to respond.

2 Likes

@MusopiaApps Though I salute the addition of the Women in Rock to the Moods & Themes section in alignment with International Women’s Day, it has once again thrown the New Songs and Newly Added Filter into complete chaos! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

As no new songs have actually been added to the app (as far as I’m aware) since the German songs on Feb 2 (AUS time). The top of the list should still look like this:

However, it doesn’t… At all.

Instead I have this:

Once again, that ole ragamuffin Sing is sitting squarely between what is labeled as “new songs” and the old new songs.

However, this time the error is really bad, as all the songs that are at the top of the list and labeled as new, are not new songs at all, and have been on the app for a very long time.

This is much much worse than just having an error with the Newly Added filter not showing the new songs at the top, in the correct order that they’ve been added, as this makes it look like Musopia is being intentionally deceitful and are trying to pass off old songs as being new to the app.

In fact, this has happened multiple times previously and I became quite upset about it, indeed thinking it was the case. However, I didn’t go with my first instinct to just cancel my subscription or storm on here to write up some angry tirade, as I remember the saying: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity (in this case technical error).

So instead, I started monitoring this and collecting data, which was the entire point of me creating this thread in the first place. And now I believe it isn’t intentional (at least I hope so), but instead due to technical error.

It looks really bad though. And considering you nearly lost me as a subscriber due to it, I can pretty much guarantee you have lost some others from it.

It looks even worse this time though, as the error isn’t just restricted to the Newly Added filter, but has crossed over to the main Songs tab:

But, it gets even worse…

When we compare the total songs from my last update:

To this one:

We’ve actually lost 13 songs…

So from the point of view of anyone paying attention, it looks like this update has removed 13 songs, and then falsely labeled some very old songs on the app, to make it look like 9 new ones have been added… :sweat:

As I said, I’m pretty sure this is just due to a glitch in your system that this current thread has been documenting for months, but I imagine others won’t be so diligent in keeping track of this sort of thing, nor read these forums.

I do though think it is still a wee bit shady that you are quick to issue phone alerts for new moods and song releases, but when songs are removed, they just vanish like a ninja. :ninja:

I know from reading other’s posts here that a lot of people find it absolutely rage inducing to be working on a song regularly and it just vanish on them completely, with no notice or even ability to see when it was removed (as if the app is gaslighting you into thinking it was never there to begin with).

Even if it’s not possible to give much warning, I know just having an easily accessible list on the app, would stop many from rage quitting.

Edit: I see this thread has now been moved to a new section called Song Catalogue Updates, and I see that 12 of the songs were listed as being up for removal back in Feb. I didn’t see that update myself and I know a lot of the app users don’t read the forum at all, so it would likely be beneficial to somehow refer to this on the app itself, or have a link to it.

Will do!
Does your Newly Added Filter view align with mine or are you seeing something different?