NGD (a long wait) - Squier CV 60's Custom Tele Olive Green

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it’s NGD and it’s been a very long excruciating wait !!

While I was on a 6 month sabbatical in Colombia, I saw the Squier 60’s Classic Vibe custom tele (Fender Special Run) in olive green on the Guitaristas You Tube channel. I own a Squier Affinity tele sunburst (my first guitar). It was very tough to be separated from my sunburst tele for 6 months, but I loved that double bound olive green so much when I saw it. So I thought that I might get it once I get back from sabbatical. Then I realised that by the time I’m back, it probably wouldn’t be available in Europe anymore as it was a special run and only available in limited stores (Anderton’s, UK). Sure enough, it’s no longer available at that store.

So I asked Anderton’s in the UK if I could pre-order it, but only take the shipment when I get back to Switzerland at the end of February. That was in October 23. Anderton’s said it was an unusual request but agreed to this and, true to their word, the very day after I arrived back, the beautiful Olive green double bound tele arrived in perfect condition.

What an excruciatingly long wait for a NG!!! Mid-October 'til end February. Lucky I was very distracted by many things in Colombia at the time !!

But it was definitely worth it. I love the looks of my Affinity sunburst tele (and I’m definitely keeping it) but the Olive classic Vibe is a lot easier to play. The neck is much better and just feels exactly right in my hands. Tone is considerably better too. Frets and fret board are nicer. I feel that the price difference is definitely justified. Set-up was very good for me out of the box - no adjustments necessary. I don’t have much guitar experience, so I’m quite surprised these 2 Squiers feel that different and that one of them can feel so much more comfortable in the hands than the other.

I think it’s very motivating to own a guitar you love and you just want to pick up and play because you like the look, the sound and the feeling of the guitar in your hands. For me, it’s important to want to pick up that guitar. I know I’m going to be using the Olive tele 70-80% of the time because it just feels right, but I know I will go to the sunburst from time to time as I just love how it looks and, after all, it has that tele sound.

I might be Mr Boring as, obviously, it would have been more adventurous to have bought a completely different type of guitar as my 2nd guitar, instead of another tele. But I’m so happy I got this one. It was a good NGD.

Ian

Here are the pics (older tele & newer tele)

:

24 Likes

Congrats on your new familiy member! What an immensly long period to wait for it, but seems like it was worth the waiting…
Great looking Tele! I wish you lots of fun with it! :guitar:

Happy NGD Ian and what a wait you had there. Thank goodness for other distractions. That colour is fantastic.

Glad that you are pleased with it and I hope you have many years of happiness together.

Hi Ian,
Happy NGD :sunglasses: :partying_face:
I wish you a lot of fun …I like that look :smiley: of both…nothing boring about it :sunglasses:
Greetings ,Rogier

That Olive one looks insanely good. Happy NGD.

Happy NGD, Ian :slightly_smiling_face: That’s a very good looking Tele. Great to hear that it’s easier to play than the Tele you already had. Have lots of fun together :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy NGD. Buy what you want to play, and if some day that ends up being 23 Tele’s then so be it :blush:

Good to read about Andertons being super helpful

If it sounds half as good as it looks that’s a great purchase!
Just pre-ordered a guitar myself and will have to wait till August :sweat_smile:

Oh that’s a long wait. Even longer than I had to wait!

Ohhhhhh… Mhhhhhh… Congrats!! :smiley: :smiley:

it’s a shame you can only “like” a post once :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Happy NGD, Ian! :smiley: :partying_face:

Love that colour, what a beauty. That was well worth the wait. :smiley:

I wish you loads of fun together and many joyful hours of playing.

Happy NGD Ian & congrats!!!

Enjoy the heck out of your new 6-stringed friend!!

Tod

Well, very Happy NGD. Hope you enjoy.

R

Lovely Ian, happy NGD. Andertons have always seen me right as well, terrific store.
Wish you much fun getting to know the new Tele!!

Happy New Gear day what a lovely looking guitar enjoy :partying_face: :clap: :+1: :love_you_gesture:

Very nice. I don’t think you’re boring buying another telecaster. Get one in every color, then go on to another brand. :blush:

Congrats. Wish I had a Tele. I do have one of the same guitar stands you’re using. I’d recommend caution as I don’t find it very safe. I don’t use mine any longer.

I’m going to hang mine on the wall.

Get a tele, they’re great !!!

2 Likes

It’s funny you say that because last week, I was reading an interview with a guitarist (Hugh Cornwall) who played in the band The Stranglers, which was a group I loved when I was a teenager. He said in the interview that he collects telecasters and was trying to collect a telecaster in every possible colour.