NGD - beginner rig

Had major surgery and off work for 3 months and always wanted to learn the guitar so started the beginner course with a friends very old and cheap electric guitar and amp which didn’t sound good, wasnt inspiring, and had terrible strings.

After much reading and research on here and online I found a second hand guitar on EBay - Yamaha Revstar RSE20. Great condition and price.
Also stumped up for a new amp - Blackstar debut 15e.

I can’t put it down, enjoying it so much more, I cannot believe how good the sound is and new strings feel so much better. Looking forward to enjoying getting through Grade 1 soon.

20 Likes

Lovely looking rig. Never played a Revstar, but I have heard really good things, and Chris Buck clearly likes them!

1 Like

Hi pleased to meet you mate and I am exactly the same major surgery and no going back to work for mew, so my old guitar is my best mate again, and this place is brilliant once I get the hang of it and good luck with your playing I’m not far in front of you cheers Hec

1 Like

Nice, enjoy those!

The revstar seems like an excellent guitar

1 Like

Happy NGD Jason, have fun with your new axe.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Poor equipment probably results in many failures in the journey to learn guitar. Sad really. I am glad you took the initiative to recognize that and up your game! So fun when it is fun and inspiring.

That looks like nice gear, enjoy!

3 Likes

That’s an awesome looking setup Jason, I hear so much good about those revstars and that’s a cracking colour.
Happy NGD, it’s clearly suiting you well, enjoy :heart::guitar:

1 Like

Yup, I was right, I shouldn’t have opened this thread. Now I want a Revstar. Does anyone know of any good 12-step programs for guitar hoarders? :crazy_face:

Jason, that is a really good-looking guitar, I like the go-fast stripes. Congratulations and enjoy!

2 Likes

Step 1 - buy guitar
Step 2 - buy guitar
…
…
Step 12 - buy guitar

8 Likes

It’s like you’ve known me for years! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Live your dreams!

They can’t stop you.

If you run fast enough out of the store.

2 Likes

Nice one.

I picked up a Revstar last year as my “living away from home” guitar (I’ve been working in South East Asia for the last 2 years). They are great guitars.

I was originally planning on selling it when I went back home to the UK, but have decided to keep it, and took it back home when I visited last December.

Enjoy, and heal quickly and well.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

No but I have a mental image….

Picture a group of people all ages, who obviously come from different backgrounds, cultures & races, sitting in a church or civic building, clutching their paper cups of apple juice or water….

I stand & say “Hi everyone, I’m Tod & I have a problem!”
The group in unison, “Hi Tod! What’s your problem?”
I reply: “I’m buying guitars, amps, pedals and other fun stuff every chance I get. I’m eyeing new gear all the time. I play guitar instead of taking care of my chores. I stay up late watching Justin, Paul Davids, Rhett Shull, Mary Spender, Rick Beato & others. The customer service guy at D’Angelico & I are on a first-name basis as are my Sales Engineers at Musician’s Friend, Sweetwater & my local Guitar Center… my wife thinks I love guitar more than I love her!!!”

I sit down. Everyone is quiet & exchanges puzzled looks. There’s quite a bit of shrugging going on. Finally the group moderator stands & asks me to stand back up & says:

“C’mon Tod, it’s time to come clean… tell us the PROBLEM!!!”

:crazy_face::sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:
Tod

5 Likes

31542f2e-69e3-4194-86d0-ddb0df547031

Tod , I have your award badge mate…

7 Likes

Hi Jason,
Happy NGD and NAD :sunglasses: :partying_face: :sunglasses: :partying_face:

I am really happy to read that you like it so much and enjoy it every day :smiley:, I really hope that your health is slowly or fast moving in the right direction,

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Jason, what a beautiful guitar you have there! Happy you’ve found a guitar you really like. Wish you all the best!

2 Likes

Enjoy the guitar and journey. :smiley:

2 Likes

A very nice looking setup there Jason. That Revstar looks sweet. Oh and a Blackstar. Maybe you are going to be a big star?

I’ll get my coat.

Happy NG and NAD.

3 Likes

I like that one! Especially the clean looking chrome hardware, the headstock shape, and… the white stripes. This one’s begging to play the Seven Nation Army riff (please excuse the pun). :sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD Jason! What a great way to spend a recovery!

1 Like