NGD - Fender 60s Vintera Telecaster Modified

I’ve been planning a new electric guitar purchase for a little while and was fairly sure I was going to go down the 335-style route, possibly the Sire that has P90 pick-ups and then right at the last moment I decided to go for a Telecaster instead! The decision was at least in part as I’ll mostly play sat on my sofa and a 335 is never going to be the most comfortable guitar for that. I could have gone for a smaller (semi) hollow-body but maybe next time.

It’s still a change from my SG in that it’s got single coils rather than humbuckers and I’ve also broken one of the unspoken rules of guitar collecting in that I now have something from Gibson and something from Fender!!! I used to attach myself to brands but I’ve realised how pointless that is, limiting my choices and being loyal to brands that will never repay that loyalty.

For those not familiar with the Vintera range, they do modified and regular models. The regular models look to closely match guitars from either the 50s / 60s / 70s and the modified models look to recreate the sound and style but with a few modern twists, primarily around the size of fret and neck profile.

Initial impressions are really good. No obvious issues with set up or sharp frets etc and other than tuning it played nicely straight out of the box.

It’s a bit of a present to myself after having made really promising progress with my latest attempt to learn to play. I feel that I’ve got further than ever before to a place beyond that initial hump where I feel I can actually play a few songs.

13 Likes

Happy NGD.

1 Like

Looks fabulous, Matthew, enjoy it. Gorgeous blue.

1 Like

Very nice Matt, happy NGD! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD Matthew, looks sweet. Nice colour too.

1 Like

Sweet! Congratulations. Love teles, and that’s a great color.

1 Like

Looks great, happy NGD. Being a brand loyalist is overrated I reckon!

1 Like

Happy NGD !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD, :partying_face: :sunglasses:

I wish you a lot of time together :smiley:
Greetings.Rogier

1 Like

Hmm-mmmm. Now that is one tasty looking guitar.
Happy NGD.!!

1 Like

Beautiful looking guitar and a brilliant colour!

1 Like

Nice Telecaster, got to like them don’t you?
Happy NGT day, enjoy! :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

1 Like

She’s Purdy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :beers:

1 Like

Happy NGD, gorgeous colour :heart_eyes:

1 Like