NGD - Fender American Professional II Stratocaster HSS (Dark Night)

Looks amazing Firas, Iā€™m a regular Andertons buyer!
Have a lot of fun with it, happy NGD!

1 Like

Wow Happy NGD looks fantastic!

1 Like

oooooh shiny! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Nice looking guitar Firas, enjoy. The Music Nomad tool kit is also very useful.

1 Like

Looks a beauty Firas. Enjoy.

1 Like

That looks like a keeper Firas !
I am not normally a lover of blue guitars but that colour really pops. And the black pegs really make a difference. Cool.
Congrats.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD, Firas! What a beauty! :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

Congrats on this purchase - Hope it plays as well as it looks! :smiley:
I wish the two of you lots of fun and many joyful hours of playing together!!

1 Like

Congratulations @firasR :partying_face:

What an awesome guitar :heart_eyes:
Beautiful and very cool :sunglasses:

And youā€™ve even picked it up at Andertons?! I hope you enjoyed your trip a lot. Visiting this shop must feel like a child in a candy store.

Iā€™m sure you are going to have lots of fun with this beauty. Canā€™t wait for a new AVOYP :smiley: :guitar:

Cheers
Gunhild

1 Like

Wow! Quite the beauty!! Enjoy!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Mari63 Iā€™m a lover of all Sunburst finishes, and like you I always prefer black pickguards over white ones, so nice upgrade on your part too :blush: I used the lack of locking tuners on my Strat to justify replacing them with black ones and it really completes the Dark Night finish better in my opinion :grin:

@Malz I absolutely love the Music Nomad toolkits :blush: Theyā€™ve already paid for themselves as Iā€™ve setup 3 of my guitars with them so far (4 setups if you count my Squier after a full mod replacement). Theyā€™re really compact and the instructions make setting up a guitar really simple and easy to follow. I also use their cleaning & polishing set. Amazing products!

@TheMadman_tobyjenner I love darker blues not royal shades. I was worried that the finish looked more black than blue in all the photos & videos Iā€™ve seen. I was happy to see that itā€™s more blue than black with a bit of sparkle (not too much) and as you can see in my photos the shade varies from dark to light with the lighting which is beautiful. Really happy with how it looks especially with the upgraded black tuners :blush:

@Lisa_S Iā€™m happy to report that it feels every bit as good as it looks. The rolled fretboard edges, satin neck finish, smooth and polished frets and deep C neck profile all make for an amazing feel in the hand :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Gunhild Yes it was really tempting to buy everything :rofl: Guitars, amps, so much great gear. Here are a few photos I took of the store:

5 Likes

Great photos :heart_eyes:
This really is a candy store! :blush:

1 Like

Oh WOW!!!
Gotta say Firas that your Strat is sooooo good looking!!! I Love the color & the black tuners tooā€¦ let us see it in action soon! I have that exact model in my wish list but was hesitant because of the chrome tunersā€¦ I think they kinda clash with the overall look of that axeā€¦ so envious that you got to visit Andertonā€™sā€¦ I really wish to visit there if we ever make it to London!
Congratulations :+1:t2: on your new 6-string buddy!!! :grin:

Tod

Thanks, Tod :blush: What can I say? You have good taste, my friend :smiley: It sure is a beauty. I was more reluctant about the yellowish-looking neck, but itā€™s growing on me. Wouldā€™ve preferred a roasted maple neck, but I guess you canā€™t have it all :sweat_smile:

If you ever do make it to London, just make sure to give yourself plenty of travel time. It was 1.5 hours by taxi/car and around 2 hours by the ā€œtubeā€ (train/railway). Making that trip there & back in a day gave me a bit of car sickness but it was for a worthy cause :rofl:

I hope you get to experience Andertonā€™s for yourself in the near future, itā€™s quite the musical wonderland :star_struck:

PS. Iā€™ll have to learn a new song to post a video of me playing this new Strat. Iā€™ve already recycled all the riffs and 5 songs I know with my Squier upgrade project so it might be a while :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, we can wait! You should think about doing the other chrome parts in black like your Squireā€¦ thatā€™s a great look!!! Also gotta sayā€¦ blue guitars RULE!!! :grin:

Tod

1 Like

Oh, trust me Iā€™m tempted to :sweat_smile: Iā€™m just trying to retain all the Fender parts (for now) and I canā€™t seem to find any genuine black Fender 2-point bridges.

congratulations! locking tuners and strap locks are 2 mods I recommend to everybody so wise choice on those as well :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Lieven :blush: Yeah those have become my bare minimum standard upgrades.

1 Like

wow, thatā€™s a pretty color, I love that!! kind of a reverse burst, I would definitely buy one of those! I need to add a strat/tele some day anyway

1 Like

It really is Tony :blush: Exactly, itā€™s a reverse burst with the black in the center and the blue on the outer edges. Iā€™m a sucker for all types of burst patterns, and this one grabbed me, as it was a reverse pattern which is pretty unique, and has my two favorite colors in it blue & black :heart_eyes:

The tele also comes in a similar finish (Dark Night) although Iā€™m not sure how prominent the burst is as I didnā€™t see one at the store.

1 Like

Old song but new AVOYP posted of me playing it with my new guitar:

2023-10-06 - Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe