NGD G&L Comanche

I stumbled upon this gem the other day and just had to add it to my collection.

It is a 2007 G&L Comanche. The Comanche features ‘Z’ coils, considered to be Leo Fenders pinnacle of pickup designs. Here is a pick of the body featuring wood binding and both a back and front relief.

After an extended vacation period without a guitar, this may very well be the impetus I need to get back on track. Not that I really needed one, but it is my excuse, and I am sticking to it.

16 Likes

:joy: ,Yes, those things “just” happen :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Well Robert,…Happy NGD,… :partying_face: :sunglasses:, I wish you two a lot of fun,
Greetings,…

2 Likes

Happy NGD Robert it looks stunning.
:sunglasses:

Got to be pleased with that Robert, it’s beautiful!! That finish around the top edging really pops, enjoy and happy NGD!! :+1:

Happy NGD Robert love love the body shape.

Lovely! Happy NGD Robert. Many years of fun to be had right there.

What a beauty, Robert :heart_eyes:

You don’t by any chance own shares in G&L Musical Instruments do you?

“We’re gonna need a bigger rack” :rofl:

1 Like

Happy NGD, it looks really nice. Enjoy :slight_smile:

What a beautiful body shape it has :heart_eyes:. Hope that it sounds as well as it looks. Have fun!

Happy NGD Robert.

No. Yes, and quite possibly.
I just am infatuated with G&L guitars. I also seem to have a penchant for Taylor guitars.
Someday, my skill level will merit such fine instruments.

So far, I have only played it the day I bought it. Still had the original strings on. It faithfully produces both Strat and Tele sounds and more.
It is currently at the luthiers receiving a new set of D’Addario NYXL 10s and a set up.

1 Like

Looks very nice. Congratultions

Cool guitar and interesting pickup architecture.
(a bit of easy explanation here: The G&L Z-Coil pickup isn't weird at all (once you know how it works) )

Happy NGD.
I do like G&L guitars.
I had a great ASAT Special once upon a time.
Best bridge on any guitar I have ever owned.

That’s not a cheap guitar, I’m guessing. Lovely pickguards, but even nicer edge binding

No excuses needed. I totally understand. :slight_smile:
Happy NGD!!

Happy NGD Robert. Looks a beaut! Interesting pickup configuration.

Boy does that look the real deal! I’ve heard many good things about those pickups, plus it’s a very nice guitar anyway.
Enjoy it and as always it would be rather nice to see what it sounds like :+1::+1::+1:

Me too! 12 guitars in six month :slight_smile: