NGD, Gibson Les Paul Tribute!

Oh man, it finally came! I was planning on buying in January which would be the anniversary of me starting the guitar buuuuuut it turns out a paid a little too much in taxes and I got a $1000 refund check. With this new windfall it didn’t take much to convince the boss (my wife) that 4 months and now were not that different in the grand scheme of things. I decided on the Ice Tea Burst since sweetwater shows you the exact guitar you’re purchasing and this one had a really cool pattern in the wood. It feels, looks, and sounds great, plus it came with a really nice soft leather case, a guitar strap, and a cleaning cloth. Looks like there also was a photo of the guitar taken right after assembly/final inspection. (I guess to make sure no funny business happened between then and getting to the customer) which I think is kind of neat.

Will probably post my first AVOYP with it next week end as I’m getting pretty close to playing Rock N Roll All Nite by KISS well enough to post. That song has 2 guitars playing at the same time I believe so I’ll be playing on the new Gibson and the trusty Epi LP Studio as well. Anyway, here are the goods:

17 Likes

Looks gorgeous!

1 Like

Hi Alexis,
Incredible happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:…
It is a beautiful guitar …but nothing beats the cleaning cloth :blush:…and I wish you a lot of fun and time together :smiley: :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

2 Likes

Very nice, happy NGD - enjoy :+1::metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

That’s great, Alexis. Enjoy the new guitar. Loved your pictures.

2 Likes

That look GOOD! Is it true Les Paul guitars are as heavy as they say? (Weight wise, not sound :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Happy NGD.
I do like that grain on the top.

1 Like

Happy NGD :smiley: :guitar:

Looks great, Alexis. Love the ice tea burst. Wish you many years of fun playing it. Look forward to hearing you play Rock N Roll All Nite with it.

1 Like

Looks sweet Alex. Happy NGD !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD! You’ve been rolling through those tunes so will be good to hear this one rocking out soon.

1 Like

Very nice, I always fancied a Les Paul. Happy NGD

1 Like

@roger_holland Yeah kinda neat that these premium cleaning cloth come with a guitar to use them on now. :wink:

@KevinKevan It’s true Les Paul’s are heavy. Both of mine (This one and the Epiphone Les Paul Studio) are part of Gibson’s/Epiphone’s modern collection which has what they call “Ultra Modern Weight Relief” which is basically them strategically putting holes in the wood to help with the weight. They are still heavier than other guitars though! I like the solid feel that they have so the weight is part of what I love about them.

@Socio @jkahn Started the open G tuning part today and thought “maybe it’ll need another week” lol. So maybe not. But who knows it always feels impossible when starting to learn something new.

1 Like

That guitar looks great Alexis, have fun playing it!!

1 Like

Happy NGD!

1 Like

Happy NGD Alexis.

That is a lovely looking lady you have there. Thank goodness it was authorised by the boss. :smiley:

Looking forward to hearing you play it.

1 Like

HNGD. Very nice guitar you got there, enjoy.
Slightly jealous here. :wink:

1 Like

Alexis that looks great, I do enjoy those vintage knobs too! Happy NGD!

1 Like

That’s one of my favorite parts about it. It has that classic Les Paul feel with the color scheme, hardware, and the cream colored plastics, but removing the bindings and the satin finish give it a kind of modern look as well. Tribute is the perfect name for the guitar I think. Not exactly a standard but not as modern looking as like the studio.

Nice guitar, have fun with it!

is this G.A.S. creeping up? :rofl:

1 Like

I’m already in deep friend!

1 Like