NGD - It was love at first sight

Well, that just looks lovely! Happy NGD! I know nothing of amps either, but it looks like it has some nice knobs to fiddle with!

2 Likes

Love that story! Like one of the others said, a white guitarā€¦ Swoon! Gorgeous. Great choice!

1 Like

Yes, I like curves on the rear too. But arenā€™t we getting off-topic?

Oh, you mean the belly cut. :wink: My G&L has that and I was amazed at the difference in feel after the Squier Tele. It just nestles in really comfortably. I would never buy an electric guitar that didnā€™t have that feature.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t find a genuine fender with contoured heel, belly cut and arm cut, crazy

2 Likes

Oh wow, thatā€™s one stunning looking guitar! Have fun with it!

1 Like

Congratulations Nicole and I am glad the new year had started so well for you and your husband. Beautiful looking guitar and I hope you have a lot of fun with it!

1 Like

Itā€™s past midnight now and Iā€™m feeling a bit too tired to tag everybody. Instead: Thank you all so much!!! :sunflower: :blossom: :blossom:

Confessedly, I didnā€™t know Godin either before today. Itā€™s a Canadian manufacturer, who produces all electric guitars in Quebec. Among others Seagull is a subsidiary of Godinā€¦ That name might be bit more familiar, I guess.

The great Leonard Cohen played Godin? Canā€™t help smiling :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™m glad so many here like the looks, itā€™s in fact a very beautiful guitar. Given that the finishing is matte but slightly transparent just a hint of the structure of the wood can still be seen.

When it comes to playingā€¦ I have played the Godin now for almost three hours just playing around with common chord progressions and different settings of the amp - and I am speechless. This feels like cheating. How can this guitar be that easy to play?!? F-bar chord? The one I dreaded so much? That I have not really even practiced at all? I got all strings ringing five more times. Not perfect, mind you, but itā€™s possible. Bm, which I tried for fun? Check. Not always, far from that, but itā€™s possible with all strings ringing out. Now I just have to continue practicing my missing four Grade 1 songs and remembering them by heart, and then Iā€™m off to Grade 2.

Recordingā€¦ Hmmā€¦ Maybe next month :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Nice Guitar Nicole I have an Arctic White Squire Tele with a black leather strap its my favorite colour
look. real cool when it get it out to play.

1 Like

I believe Godin has the Godin brand, Seagull and Art &Lutherie.

I think they are well regarded and know for reasonably priced and quality instruments. The Godin line of electrics are really nice. I think you did very well there! My first guitar was an Art & Lutherie acoustic. Sweet little guitar. I probably sold it for reasons that had more to do with me than the guitar. The friend I sold it to loves it as a classroom and campfire guitar.

Anyway, I ramble. Good choice and who are we to judge if it really is all about the curvesā€¦

1 Like

Congratulations! Looks very nice. I never expect a guitar to be in tune at a guitar shop. Always take my own tuner with me.

2 Likes

Godin are a respected and renowned guitar maker.
Happy NGD
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a beautiful guitar youā€™ve got there Nicole. Youā€™ll have plenty of great times ahead with it Iā€™m sure

1 Like

I had the exact same experience when I first tried an electric. But you soon realise that it is almost too easy. The problem is keeping it quiet! Other strings ring out if you just breath on them and you have to be very diligent to keep the unwanted ones quiet. Itā€™s an amazingly ā€œnuancedā€ instrument, compared to an acousticā€¦ but I am finding it endlessly fascinating.

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
That is an absolutely beautiful guitar, I wish you lots of time together :smiley:
Greetings

1 Like

Happy NGD Nicole. Looks a beaut!

1 Like

So, yesā€¦ @Malz and @Jamolay : Of course I was attracted by the curves :face_with_spiral_eyes: Seriously though, might well be that they are an important factor why this guitar sits so nicely on my lap :slightly_smiling_face:

@oztelemann I also have a Gretsch semi-hollow, so strictly speaking, this hasnā€™t been the first electric I ever played. When it comes to playbility though the Godin is so much better than the semi-hollow :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new guitar Nicole!
Iā€™m not a huge fan of the tele shape but this one looks stunning! :heart_eyes: I love that white and the rosewood fretboard! It also has brass saddles! Awesome!
Iā€™m glad you got that guitar with 40% discount!! Thatā€™s an excellent score! Enjoy it!

2 Likes

Sheā€™s gorgeous Nicole! :heart_eyes: Your story made me smile too :slightly_smiling_face:
congratulations and happy NGD! :tada: :partying_face:
and heyā€¦ nothing wrong with porridge, potatoes, and beans. Seems like a good compromise anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy NGD, Nicole! :partying_face: :heart_eyes:

What a classy, elegant beauty you have there. Even better it plays so well, too. :smiley:

Totallly relate to that, thatā€™s how I met my electric to, love on first sight/strum. :sweat_smile:

Wish you many joyful hours of playing together - thatā€™s totally worth a beans diet. :rofl:

2 Likes

I happened to visit the same store as you already on Mondayā€¦ :grinning:

4 Likes