NGD: Martin DJr-10E StreetMaster

Appearance is so very striking. Beautiful guitars need to be played. Thank you JWC for getting us all talking guitar! -R

1 Like

Posted up-thread that I was disappointed in the pickup because of the piezo quack. That was quite evident going straight into the interface, but Iā€™ve found that itā€™s much more tolerable through my acoustic amp that adds some processing to the signal. (In this case the processing is EQ and also Bossā€™s ā€œacoustic resonanceā€ circuitry that ā€œadds the natural resonance of an acoustic guitarā€ through electronic wizardry. The ā€œacoustic resonanceā€ makes a big difference.)

Anyway, thatā€™s good news, and goes a long way to addressing my only complaint.

1 Like

Another recording of this guitar. This was this eveningā€™s ā€œend of practiceā€ run through as Iā€™m learning this song (itā€™s not the whole song, just parts).

I recorded this by plugging the guitar into the Boss Acoustic Singer Live amp, then taking a line out from that and going into my interface. I mainly wanted to see how the line out from the amp sounded for recording. I added some light EQ and a plate reverb effect in my DAW. You can still tell itā€™s a piezo pickup, and I wouldnā€™t call it great-sounding, but itā€™s not awful-sounding, either. I think it sounds better through the ampā€™s speaker, though.