NGD Maton Blackwood

So this arrives today, a 20th anniversary present from my amazing wife, a Maton EBW70c Blackwood Dreadnought.

What a stunning thing! And the smell! Its incredible. Sounds so full , really comfortable to play, a great balance to the sound too. The feel of the wood and the build is spot on.

18 Likes

Beautiful, happy NGD :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ooh.
Aah.
Oh my.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

What a glorious guitar Rob. I wish you every joy as you and your Maton make music together.

1 Like

I made similar sounds as I browsed the photos @Richard_close2u but didn’t know how to translate them into English. You da man :smile:

3 Likes

Hi Rob,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Looking awesome :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Blackwood has such a beautiful texture and grain. That’s a magnificent looking instrument

1 Like

Hi Rob, happy NGD and congrats on anniversary. The maton looks awesome.

1 Like

Gorgeous Maton!
I’ve seen a ton of video’s, including about this one.
It has such a clear articulation without sounding edgy or anything; it really sounds as good as it looks :smiley:

Amazing wife you have :smiley:

1 Like

Happy NGD Rob and happy 20th anniversary. What a sexy looking guitar that is. I hope you get many years of pleasure from it.

1 Like

OMG, that is absolutely gorgeous! Nice book matching and a lovely looking back showing some of the heart wood!
Blackwood is of the Acacia family which also includes Koa (which can only be sourced from Hawaii); but they have very similar sonic characteristics. It’s going to sound absolutely fabulous, an amazing manufacturer plus an amazing material, you’re a very lucky fella!
Enjoy it and above all do it justice, oh and we absolutely must hear it!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

It’s so gorgeous, attention to detail is incredible.

I played just about everything in a few shops, Gibson, Martin etc and a maton 70c but not the Blackwood. There was a Blackwood something (808?) loved the look and tone.

Just fitted my hands way better than any of the others. Been smashing out6some green day this afternoon :joy:

What a beaut! Happy NGD.

1 Like

Wow, a very nice guitar. Congratulations.

1 Like

Have you named it yet??? That’s half the fun of a new guitar, working out it’s name

1 Like

Stunning Rob, can’t wait to hear how that sounds!
Have an amazing NGD :tada:

1 Like

Don’t believe the hype guys-
Dude’s an expert photographer and only makes it look desirable with lens/filter trickery :rofl:
Haha, only kidding. Looks a beaut and even had me checking out a video to check the sound.
The crown in an already impressive stable. Oh yes, nice stand btw.
Congratulations.
But even more importantly-
Happy anniversary :smiley:

1 Like

Looks stunning, happy NGD!

1 Like

Wow! Lovely! And happy anniversary!

1 Like

No, no name yet!