NGD - moving on to electric

Picked up my new Pacifica 112V at the weekend after trying it out in the shop, and now that my amp has arrived today I think I’m set for a while! Even though it seems to be considered an “entry level” electric, I can’t believe how nice it looks and sounds.

Spent a couple of hours playing it this evening, the sound is incredible (even without having played around with the tone settings on the Katana yet, will save that for the weekend!). Thankfully it also sounds great with the headphones on, otherwise my neighbours might have a few words for me.

18 Likes

ah nice! HSS strat and katana good versatile combo

2 Likes

For real, I wasn’t sure what the practical difference between SSS and HSS would be but when the guy in the store was walking me through it, it was a real surprise just how varied the tones were. Excited to be trying out a bunch of different sounds now.

1 Like

Happy NGD Steve… Looks Great!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Rabbit hooooole!

1 Like

Happy NGD! Great combo there, enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Happy NGD! Awesome choices for both.

I love my Boss Katana to death. Here’s some resources to get the tones you’re looking for that I wish I knew about right when I got mine. (some you might know, some you might not):

6 Likes

Great choice! And it plays really well, that’s awesome! Happy NGD!

1 Like

Happy NGD! I have a Boss Katana and I love it. HSS is such a versatile combo. You’re going to have a lot of fun!

1 Like

That’s awesome. Congratulations

1 Like

Both are outstanding choices!

Yamaha and Squier have been in a bit of an arms race for the last decade or so and the term “entry-level guitar” should probably be retired as a result. Not only can you get a great guitar for an unheard-of price from either brand, but they’ve also pushed other manufacturers into upping their game as well. Not to mention all of the new upstart brands coming to market like Sire who is offering guitars that would have been four-figure purchases not that long ago now going for a fraction of that price.

The Katana, I can’t add anything here that hasn’t been said a million times already. That amp is one you can keep for as long as you play guitar. I’ll always own one variation or another. It is that versatile and that good. . .

Congratulations and enjoy!
Richard

2 Likes

Great looking combo there, Steve! You’ll have a blast with that setup! :guitar::notes::headphones::metal::confounded:

1 Like

Happy NGD Steve. Looks sweet and a whammy bar to play with as well. Enjoy.

1 Like

Until I feel the amp moving air… I refuse to believe :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :rofl:
Happy NGD&A Day!

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Have fun with your new stuff :partying_face: :sunglasses:…you have a world of sound to discover now if you like it :sweat: :smile:
Greetings…

1 Like

Thanks so much for those links, that’s super helpful! Will get stuck into them later.

Thanks Richard! That was a big part of the reasoning behind spending a bit more to get the Katana 100 - the hope being that I won’t be replacing it for a long time now, seems like it’ll be able to do everything I need it to for years to come.

You might enjoy this playlist of Katana related videos from The Studio Rats, which include some tutorials and tone libraries. Some of their tone libraries are available at Boss Tone Exchange which is another good source of patches.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

WOW :exclamation: Great combo :exclamation:You’ll have a lot of fun :exclamation:Enjoy :exclamation: :partying_face: :champagne: :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great stuff Keith, I’ll check it out!