NGD - My First LP

Sweet! Happy NGD!

Hmm. Yet another term that I donā€™t understand. You reference ā€œthe poker chip,ā€ and I have no idea what youā€™re referring to. :man_shrugging:

Its the circular Treble/Rhythm label thing under the pickup switch

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of them not shipping with the poker chip in place, I wonder why. I thought they shipped without the plastic toggle on the switch as thatā€™s prone to breaking in transit. I bought mine at the shop, so no direct experience.

Happy NGD beautiful guitar love it :love_you_gesture: :guitar:

Yes the toggle switch button just screws on in seconds. It a[[ears it.s only this particular model that doesnā€™t have the poker chip installed at the factory, no idea why. In fact I assumed it didnā€™t come with one and almost bought one until I saw Guitairas in depth review on YouTube. I also watched a few horror instals were people were using pliers to remove the switch and damaging the the guitar finish. Usually underneath where the quick goes but even so, hence I bought that tool which removes and retightens the switch nut.

Maybe Gibson decided this model is so cheap they couldnā€™t justify the man minutes to install it :joy:

1 Like

Very strange - I sure Gibson have their reasons! It sound like they are moving away from the lower cost models and filling that gap with Epiphones, so yours might become a bit of a rarity.
I hope youā€™re enjoying getting to know it!

Discoloration due to chemical reaction:

All HERCULES guitar stands and wall brackets are equipped with soft foam supports to protect your instrument from damage. These supports do not contain plasticizers and showed no reaction whatsoever with various paint finishes in long-term testing.

Nevertheless, discoloration of sensitive paint surfaces (e.g. nitrocellulose) cannot be completely ruled out. We provide no warranty in such cases.

To prevent such damage, cover the parts that come into direct contact with the instrument with a soft cloth made of natural fibers (e.g. cotton or silk). This means that no discolouration can occur
!!!

Hi,
At Thomann, the Hercules line is usually not suitable for nigtro lacquer I just saw igt in the descriptions of some (and some are suitable, but not for white and I have a white PRS)ā€¦ but what is stated above comes from Hercules itselfā€¦

For me, the contact points on the body are at the back and bottom of the body, so it doesnā€™t matter to me if there are dents thereā€¦ but if it leans against it halfway along the neck, it can get annoying of course.

Hope this helps

Indeed they are, itā€™s mentioned more than once in the Andersonā€™s visits the Gibson vault video.

1 Like

Happy to use the Hercules wall brackets as firstly I already have 3 in situ and secondly Rick says he has been using them on nitro for many years without issue.

Whilst I donā€™t want to damage the guitar recklessly Iā€™m comfortable with it getting worn here and there over time.

Iā€™m not obsessed by the aesthetics and indeed a little wear or dings here and there can add a little charm and make it mine. As long as it continues to play well, doesnt crumble into a pile of sawdust and looks ok Iā€™m happy.

My thoughts too. :sweat_smile:ā€¦and fortunately because they all have dents and scratches and scuffs on themā€¦I do my best but the wheels sometimes go where they want to goā€¦

Have fun

1 Like

Hi Greg. My SG has sat on a Hercules stand for several years with no adverse effects.
I also have a black leather strap and no sign of damage to the nitro there either. I do however make sure the strap doesnā€™t lie across the guitar when on the stand. The strap locks stop the strap touching the guitar at the buttons.

Good to hear Gordon, mine is on the Hercules wall hanger, strap is cotton and only each end is leather.

@sairfingers which strap locks are you using ?