NGD No. 5 - Fender Player Plus Stratocaster in Tequila Sunrise

Happy NGD.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy NGD JĆ³zsef. It looks fantastic mate. Youā€™re going to have lots of fun playing it.

1 Like

Happy NGD. Have fun!

1 Like

Good looking guitar, enjoy. :smile:

1 Like

ooh, ncie colour scheme , Happy NGD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi JĆ³zsef,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
I wish you a lot of time together,ā€¦ :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Very nice Jozef, enjoy !
Happy NGD
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD! It looks great, have fun playing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks great-lovely colourā€“good luck

1 Like

Its really pretty! Bet itā€™s fun to play. Happy NGD!

1 Like

Happy NGD! Have fun and enjoy!

1 Like

Happy NGD! I love the color. I have a Player Plus Meteora and I love mine. Enjoy!

1 Like

Wow what a great finish, looks stunning! Happy NGD

1 Like

Looks Awesome!!! Happy NGD!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I do like a Strat.

The controls are fairly easy to remember.
5 way switch. Think of it in relation to pickup position.
Position nearest bridge is bridge pickup.
Inbetween position is bridge and middle pickups.
Middle position is middle pickup.
Inbetween position is middle and neck pickups.
Position nearest neck is neck pickup.

(Some 5 way switches are wired differently, but the above is the standard Strat way)

Only the neck and middle pickups have tone control.
And its only a single master volume control, but the volume does affect tone. Turning it down generally reduces treble.

I usually aim for volume around the middle, then select pickups/tone depending on what kind of tone Iā€™m aiming for.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that Iā€™ve always stuck with 9s on my Strat.
I did put 10s on my Tele which i find does give it that bit more ā€˜livelyā€™ feel, but i just like the lighter feel of 9s on the Strat. They just seem to fit the feel of the Strat better.

If you try 10s, just be aware you might need to give the tremelo springs a little adjust to bring the bridge back to itā€™s correct neutral position, otherwise intonation is likely to be out.

1 Like

Oh, what a beauty :star_struck:. I wish you loads of fun with it :smiley::partying_face::guitar:.

1 Like

Happy NGD JĆ³zsef. That is a lovely looking instrument. Love the colouring.

I hope you get many years of pleasure from it.

1 Like

Great looking guitar. Enjoy! :guitar:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind words :slight_smile:

After about 2 weeks Iā€™m still trying to get used to this guitar, though I havenā€™t played it significantly more than the other ones. Itā€™s comfortable to play, but the floating bridge feels somewhat stiff even after having loosened the springs a bit, and I wouldnā€™t call the tuning stability rock solid either, even with the locking tuners. I donā€™t want to loosen the springs too much because then they wouldnā€™t counteract the string tension, and what would be the point then?

Iā€™ll also try to raise the pickup height as they sound a bit lifeless compared to the dual humbuckers and the dual P90s.

Or maybe Iā€™m just being too nitpicky. In a worst-case scenario it can replace another guitar on the wall.