NGD - PJD Woodford Standard šŸ„³

New (belated) guitar day! :smiley:

Real NGD was on friday, but some real life stuff and - of course - a lot of playing around with my new ā€œtoyā€ kept me busy and away from sharing my happiness here. :rofl:

We actually went out to our local music store to get two old violins restored or at least some hints on who could help us out with that. This mission was at least partially successful, as we got an address where we can bring them to, but this is another story.

Being there, I could not resist the opportunity to check out a few electric guitars as I was having the desire to add one to ā€œthe familyā€ for quite a while now. Coming from the acoustics side only and having literally no experience with e-guitars at all, I tried to explain what I imagine or hear in my mind - to be honest it was more an exclusion of what I donā€™t want leaving open a lot of possibilities. :sweat_smile:

But the shop assistant was just great in helping me out and directly picked up 3 different strats (Ibanez AZES31-VM, a Kauffmann 63 S in Sonic Blue and the PJD) and took us to a quiet room to showcase them and giving me the opportunity of trying them myself without disturbance.

By hearing and touching it the first time, I immediately fell for the PJD. Even though I must admit the Kauffmann was also a very decent sounding guitar with awesome playability. :+1:

Normally I take my decisions slowly, but this was an easy one - I took this signal red beauty home with me:

Hereā€™s the happy little family:

Currently, I am using the Marshall MG15CFX but it gives me a little pain (Got it as a gift years ago). But definetly I am the problem, not the amp. :rofl: Just need to get used to these things, I guess.

Some specs to the PJD Woodford Standard (Signal Red), as it is not (or no longer) shown on the PJD-site. The body is made from ash tree with satin finish, neck is baked maple and the fretboard made from rosewood. Bridge and Tuners are from Gotoh and itā€™s having 1 Humbucker and 2 Single coils by Cream T.

All in all, it makes me very happy. :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Hi Lisa,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
I so like the looks :star_struck:
I wish you a lot of time togetherā€¦
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Rogier! :slight_smile:

About to finish my coffee and get my hands back on. :sunglasses: :joy:
Have a nice day!

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Happy NGD, love the colour.

1 Like

Itā€™s a beauty :heart_eyes: and it sounds like it was love at first sight/strum :v:

1 Like

Pretty! The quiver grows!

1 Like

Yay, Happy NGD.

R.

1 Like

She looks great!

1 Like

@dredmix @Chazzo78 @Jamolay @Libitina @Lefteris

Thanks very much to yā€™all! :smiley: So you seem to understand why I could not resist to take her with me - thatā€™s relieving. Lol

Happy NGD Lisa. I love the colour of it and itā€™s a real looker as well. I hope you have many years of playing happiness from it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s one pretty guitar Lisa! Wishing you much fun, happy NGD!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @SgtColon and @Notter! :slight_smile:

Way late but Happy NGD, Beenie!
That definitely IS a pretty one! So happy for you - have fun with your new friend! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Tod

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Tod! :smiley:

Youā€™ve been searching for this opportunity, right? :rofl: Anyways, appreciate your kind words - itā€™s definitely a beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and weā€™re having lots of fun. :slight_smile:

Cheers - beenie/Lisa :smiley:

1 Like

HaHa!!!
You caught me outā€¦ I have!!!
It was funny too that yesterday I was replying to Andrea/Helen but thought it was you & used ā€œBeenieā€ - as soon as I hit the enter button I realized my mistake & had to edit really quickly!
Whew! :sweat:
I am sincere about your new guitarā€¦ Iā€™ve said it elsewhereā€¦ my wife says that for all you female players out there playing red guitars - there IS a lipstick :kiss: to match your guitar shade!

Tod

1 Like

PS Do you name your guitars? If so, have you picked one yet?

T.

1 Like

No worries, Tod. I can have a good laugh about these things and was actually waiting for it to happen. :smiley:

I know this kind of struggle all to well myself - I am truely thankful for those edit buttons! :sweat_smile:

Get also your sincerity about the new guitar. But now I need to get a lipstick to match my guitar, Iā€™m afraid. Donā€™t own one. :rofl:

No, I donā€™t name them, yet. Maybe someday, if the family grows. :wink:

Cheers - beenie/Lisa

1 Like

I donā€™t typically name mine, either. But, I have named one or two.
I have a Dā€™Angelico Excel 59 Black Dog Hollowbody named Francesca - we have a black AussieDoodle named Francesca who we call Frankie so when I got a Black Dog guitarā€¦

Again, have funā€¦ back to learning a new (to me) song!

Tod

1 Like

Belated happy NGD Lisa! You got a really beauty there :heart_eyes: I love the wood textured finish on the body. It gives it a unique look from all the standard glossy Strat finishes.

Hope you have many fun hours learning to play an electric guitar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Firas! Fell for her on first sight because of the finish. :heart_eyes:

We already spent some fun times together and hopefully a lot more to come! :smiley:

1 Like