NGD! PRS SE Hollowbody Std

Just got finished re-stringing and setting it up. The neck feels just like my LP, but it’s so much lighter. I’m lovin’ the resonant tone, plus it’s sooo much lighter than my LP LOL!

20 Likes

But is it lighter than a Les Paul?

3 Likes

oh, that’s very nice, congratulations

1 Like

Very nice, love the colour. Let us know how it sounds. Keep thinking of buying a semi hollow.

1 Like

Gorgeous Eddie… Andertons in the UK had these on a very silly black friday offer and I was sooooo tempted to go for one, not sure how I managed to resist to be honest!!
I can well believe the weight difference between that and a LP!! Have a lot of fun with it, can’t wait to hear how she sounds!

1 Like

Stunning Eddie, love that colour.
Happy NGD
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD Eddie,… :partying_face: :sunglasses:
Looks stunning,… :sunglasses:
I wish you a lot of time together,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

I’ve been looking at those too, deal lasts until Xmas I think. I’ve kind of got my heart set on a Sire semi-hollow with P90 pick-ups but these are mighty tempting at the price. I’m sure my next guitar is going to be some sort of hollow / semi-hollow but as I’ve got a guitar with humbuckers already, that’s why the Sire is interesting to me

1 Like

Happy NGD Eddie, it a beauty, love the colour. I hope you have many years of happiness with it.

1 Like

Very nice!
I’m another who on and off keeps lusting after one but so far I can’t really see a way to justify it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi @DarrellW
Transfer 5 or 10% of your purchase amount to Justin,…look in the mirror and then say “am I a good boy”…if the answer is positive…buy that guitar,… :sunglasses: :innocent:
Combining these ideas is desirable, but not mandatory of course ,.,…
Greetings ,and have fun shopping :sunglasses:

I didn’t, mine is arriving tomorrow.

3 Likes

:rofl: I don’t blame you Greg!!

PRS, this is the way…… Rod

I haven’t weighed them both yet, but the PRS is probably 3.5 lbs. lighter. It’s a BIG DIFFERENCE! I keep forgetting how much lighter it is when I pick it up, and I’m afraid I’m gonna launch the PRS thru the ceiling when I pick it up from the guitar stand LOL!

1 Like

The Anderton’s sale is what got me thinking about buying one. Since I’m in the USA, the shipping would have negated much of the savings.

I found this one used on Reverb.com. The seller was in my area, so we worked out a cash deal and I was able to pick it up instead of paying shipping.

The main difference in tone between the PRS SE HB Std and my Les Paul-style guitar is that the resonance of the body provides a “softer, airy” sensation, kind of like a light reverb that’s on all the time. It sounds alot like a Gibson 335, but with a much smaller body. The Les Paul has a stronger attack on picked notes and sounds better with hard-rock / metal distortion.

The body resonance is loud enough that I can play the PRS un-plugged while sitting on the couch and hear it while streaming “That Pedal Show” on the TV. Yes, I’m that much of a geek LOL!

The previous owner had 13’s on it, raised the bridge pickup until it was almost touching the strings, and tuned it to open C! I can understand why he switched to a Strat instead LOL!

Happy NGD.

What was the Anderton’s discount?

Matt,

I played the PRS SE Custom 22 Semi-hollow and really loved it as well. For me, the lighter weight, more resonance, and hard-shell case of the HB won out over the tremolo bar, coil-splitting and Gig-bag of the Custom 22 Semi-hollow. Both have the same pickups.

The fretboard widths feel the same on both, but the HB has a thicker neck, more like a 1960 Les Paul. The Custom 22 Semi-hollow has a thinner neck, more like the Custom 24 or an Ibanez Super-Strat.

Take Care,

Ed

1 Like

@Richard_close2u it’s 40% off at Andertons!

DON’T LOOK

DON’T LOOK

DON’T LOOK

DON’T LOOK

5 Likes