NGD - Spinning the Amazon wheel of fortune one more time

This month’s contestant, the M-Musi Virgo Telecaster.

Mahogany body
Roasted maple neck
22 Stainless Steel frets
Slim C neck with a 9.5 to 12-inch compound radius fretboard
Locking staggered tuning machines
Bone nut
Dual action truss rod wheel

I’ve had less than an hour to take this in but so far the fit and finish are all first-rate. The fretwork is immaculate, the tuning machines feel nice and tight without any play, and the nut is properly cut. On top of all that they took the time and effort to recess the string ferrules so that they are flush with the body of the guitar.

The headstock hints at Freidman, the price tag is anything but.

It doesn’t really show up in the pictures, well, not in my pictures at least, but this is actually a translucent finish.

CTS :+1:, push back vintage style wiring, and shielding paint. Nice.

I like the pickups, they sound good and are everything you want from a Tele single coil.

First impressions are all good. For an unknown startup brand found on Amazon, they are doing everything right.

12 Likes

It looks yellow. Is it yellow? I so love a yellow guitar. Very nice. Hapyy NGD!

They call it Empire Yellow.

1 Like

Some good specs on this instrument, enjoy!

Happy NGD Richard. Looks nice.

It’s the best way for a start-up to spread the word, do something decent at a respectable price.

Very nice Richard, some good specs. Reasonable price by the look of it.
Love they cutaway detail on the headstock, especially in your Empire Yellow. Cool.

Happy NGD !!

:sunglasses:

That looks pretty good, also like that headstock design, very cool.

Happy NGD :smiley:
You’re giving me GAS… :rofl:

Happy NGD!!!

Happy New Guitar Day Richard… Looks great

Happy NGD Richard

Happy NGD. :smiley:

R.

Looks great, $340 isn’t bargain bucket but it’s enough to build a well specd usable instrument it seems which is much better!

Congrats

Congratulations

Actually got me thinking haha - this is about as much as a body or neck form warmoth and probably plays better…

Nothing beats a yellow Tele! Happy New Guitar Day

It could be time to spin the wheel again. Whad’ya think, blue, white, or pink?

I think I like blue but I could go with the white too, I know that I like the headstock either way!

Mahogany body
Maple neck
Set-neck, slim C profile
Rosewood fretboard
Rounded fret ends
Bone nut
Single P90
Adjustable wrap-around bridge
Gibson scale length

So, how cheap is it?
$260 Canadian, so about $192 USD or around €178.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :exploding_head: :partying_face:
I really like the Tele / LP Jr crossover vibe and I don’t have a P90 guitar.
Yet.
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

If it was me, I’d go with the white.

1 Like

Yeah, I like the white too.

It’s happening again.

I was once again sifting through the “cheap” guitars on Amazon and came across a new Super Strat model from M Musi that is absolutely loaded with high-end specs for not a lot of money.

Pricewise this falls between the Squier Affinity and Classic Vibe guitars, the lowest cost closest match I can find on specs comes from the Cort G300 Pro which sells for double the price of a Classic Vibe.

Given just how impressive the Virgo Classic T-Style was I fully expect I would find the same quality present in the Capricorn. It comes in pearl white, chameleon which is a ChromaFlare finish, or cranberry with a flame maple veneer. I’m leaning towards the white. . .

• Alder body, roasted maple neck, rosewood fretboard
  • 22 Hemispherical end stainless steel frets, 25-3/4" scale length, compound radius 10" to 14"
  • Slim-C profile with a double action truss rod wheel
  • Staggered locking tuning machines, bone nut, floating two-point tremolo bridge
  • Push/pull coil splitting for the humbucker and a 5-way blade switch

2 Likes