NGD Taylor 12E

Arrives later today–pressie from my wife. :grinning:

As a 65 year old leftie I started learning just over 2 months ago by buying an electric and a cheapish acoustic thinking I would be a rock god on my electric guitar but it transpires that realistic expectations and musical taste are taking me down the acoustic route.
Living absolutely nowhere neare a decent outlet I have had to watch many many youtube videos (and Justins community of course) to base my opinion on and buy online. Here`s hoping.

10 Likes

I got myself the same guitar (the non E version though) in early September last year when I decided to have another go at learning and I’m really happy with my choice. The main reason for me choosing the non E version was I knew even that would just be another distraction to me. I know how my mind works, people will say you don’t have to use it etc, do what is right for you.

Even though I listen to a lot of high-gain rock and metal, and my Taylor sits right next to my electric guitar, It’s my Taylor that I reach for most of the time. I know exactly what you mean about realistic expectations and that’s been why I’ve quit in the past. Have fun with your new guitar

1 Like

hi-didn`t intentionally want the electrics but it was all that was available for a leftie at the price (ÂŁ600)

1 Like

Looks like a beauty @tommion , looking forward to seeing “your” one when it lands with you. Are yo constantly listening out for the delivery van? :wink:
Happy NGD when the doorbell rings!

1 Like

HAHA no im grown up but he is on number 23 and im number 83

1 Like

Congratulations on the new guitar. I’ve played many nice Taylors.

My 17 year old self would be disappointed that I’ve taken the acoustic route. I just love the sound of an acoustic guitar. Plus you can take and play it anywhere.

1 Like

The Grand Concert or Auditorium size guitars are nice. Easier to play than a bigger Dreadnaught size.

I am GASsing for a vintage Fender Japan F-25…just because.

2 Likes

its arrived–looks great and sounds great but as a novice it feels less forgiving than my cheaper one. Maybe because the strings are slightly closer together.

1 Like

Wish you joy with your new guitar, tommion

1 Like

Glad it’s hit the mark in looks and tone! It’ll always take a little bedding in for a new guitar for you on terms of feel so give it a little time. Once you’ve got the understanding you can always take it to a shop with a decent tech for some setup work.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Nice present I’d say! :smiley: have fun!

1 Like

I guess it’s arrived now so happy NGD day. Enjoy those sweet sounds.

1 Like

Actually and unbelievably I have returned it. Must be the only person to return a Taylor. Great sounding and lovely guitar but I just couldn`t get on with it. My cheap Eastcoast ( the one that Justin used in his video) is easier for me.
Must be something to do with string spacing and my chubby fingers. Going to wait until I am a better player before trying an upgrade again.

Ahhh, that’s a little rubbish then but no point in spending that kind of money and not liking it. You’ll have to get yourself out to some stores and give them a try.

That’s a shame @tommion but yes it’s got to feel right. Have you got a guitar store in proximity to you? Nothing beats going to a store and trying a few out and getting one that feels right. Every store will be super helpful (ime) and won’t push you to something just to make a sale, they’re musicians too so understand.
You’ll find one that’s right, and now you get to go shopping again!! :wink:

No -there is no store anywhere near me hence online shopping. Joys of living the other end of the country :smile:
The nearest has 1 lefty guitar in stock