NGD - Taylor AD11e-SB

As mentioned on another thread, I’ve been rethinking my guitar journey for a while now , finding that I’m only really playing my acoustic guitar. I’ve been enjoying my Taylor Academy 10 a lot so it got me looking solid wood acoustics as my forever guitar as I’m sure I’ve found the right path for me

This is one of Taylor’s American Dream series. Made in the US, but without the fancy inlays and bindings that really send the price soaring. It’s what Taylor call a grand theater body, at the smaller end of their range, a little larger than a GS mini. It has a short scale and light strings which Taylor say makes it feel like a regular guitar that has a capo at the first fret (it’s standard tuning, it’s just the feel that is different). The top is spruce, back and sides are walnut.

This wasn’t a blind internet purchase. I did buy it in a guitar shop after trying it. I knew fairly immediately that I liked it as much as I hoped I would. It definitely makes that pesky F chord just a smidge easier. The sound is resonant even though the instrument is compact. Acoustic guitar was something of an experiment when I got the Academy 10… it’s here to stay now :blush:

19 Likes

Hi Matthew,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
Looks beautiful and I wish you lots and lots of time together :smiley:
Greetings

1 Like

Congrats!
You can’t have too many guitars :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello Matthew, happy NGD :partying_face::champagne::guitar:!!
WOW, that’s really a beauty :star_struck:.
I can totally understand, that you’ve fallen in love with her :smiley:.
I wish you a wonderful time together :smiling_face:.

1 Like

That looks rather nice!

Gorgeous wood on the back def a keeper

1 Like

Happy NGD Matthew :slightly_smiling_face: That’s one nice looking guitar. Hope it plays as nice and let’s you play many smooth sounding F barre chords (and other barre chords in the future)

1 Like

Very nice. I’m a sucker for an acoustic sunburst, but I’ve never owned one … If that changes, I’m blaming you.

2 Likes

Happy NGD!

1 Like

congrats

1 Like

Happy, happy, NGD.
You can’t go wrong with a Taylor.

1 Like

Sounds great Matthew! I’m happy for you that after careful consideration you found a guitar which you will enjoy playing a lifetime. Congratulations! :smiley:

1 Like

Astonishingly Beautiful!

Congrats on the new guitar.

1 Like

Congrats, love that walnut grain :+1:

1 Like

She’s a beauty Matthew, may you have a long and happy future together. Happy NGD :partying_face:

1 Like

Wow!!! Beautiful new Taylor & the walnut back really “pops”!!! Have loads of fun with your new musical friend!!! :guitar:

Tod

1 Like

Love that sunburst and the grain.
Happy NGD

:sunglasses:

1 Like

LOVE that burst color! I almost chose it for my GS Mini. So eye catching!

1 Like

Happy NGD. Sweet looking guitar.

1 Like

Happy NGD Matthew. That is one tasty looking guitar. Glad to read that it has made F just a little bit easier.

1 Like

Happy NGD, beautiful looking Guitar.

Enjoy.

R.

1 Like