NGD - The Arrival

Well Brian that is one bright an cheerful looking guitar you have acquired. Perfect for those smiley happy people type songs, so you will have to up your game and learn to play smilie. Keep the old Hag for the usual doom and gloom. Song recommendation from Middle Of The Road. as is a Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap, good value NGD !! Enjoy, sound check soon please. :sunglasses:

@roger_holland dank je wel meneer.
The futureā€™s so brightā€¦ :sunglasses:

@sairfingers and @DavidP (topic off-piste) Now hereā€™s a lovely little Persian prayer mat. Youā€™re quite right Gordon- Dad bought quite a few of these whenever he travelled to Bagdad for work. I love the way thereā€™s a basic symmetrical design, but nothing perfectly symmetrical. (We were told it was because only Allah was perfect). I could stare at these for hours on endā€¦

@Kasper (and the other 2^^ again) Thanks again for your helpful suggestions;
I reckon if Iā€™m keeping it anyway, I might as well get to know the insides better so got the screwdriver outā€¦
The humbucker is only held in by one screw on each side and rests on a piece of foam with 2 springs supporting it. I fiddled about with the wires going underneath the foam and it is no longer at such an acute angle.
The locking tuners make it much easier to take off and re-use the same strings :smiley:
I guess thereā€™s a value leaning how your guitar works as well as playsā€¦

1 Like

Haha, it is my cheerful happy outlook on life that allows me to ponder the deep, dark abyss :wink:

Someone mentioned naming guitars in a recent thread and I donā€™t really go for that, (although am happy to think of names they could be called.)
If my black Viking Hagstrom was Hagar, I suppose this shade of blue would make her a Daphne to cater for my feminine side.
Iā€™d better keep 'em separated just in case they get romantic ideas and I end up with more Offspring :roll_eyes:
Talking of which, Iā€™d better get those springs back on now, eh?

:rofl:,ā€¦
That is very strange suddenly such a Dutch sentenceā€¦but familiar, I find it very difficult to express myself well in English, almost everything goes through google-translate ā€¦ but black humor and (healthy) sarcasm is very difficult for me in another languageā€¦and normally that consists of a large part of my spoken language. :grimacing: :roll_eyes: :innocent:

1 Like

:joy:
There is the option of those universal expletives - alas they are forbidden here :frowning:
Er is de mogelijkheid van die universele krachttermen - helass zijn hier verboden :frowning:

1 Like

:rofl: :innocent:

those 20 characters ā€¦growl,ā€¦maybe itā€™s a good thing, otherwise it will be whatsapp sometimes

2 Likes

Sweet rig, BL! With that wiggle stick you can start playing some Hawaiian music. Good times. :slight_smile:

Cheers Clint
Never had a wiggle stick before.
Iā€™m tempted to give it novelty outing at the next OM :wink:

1 Like

I think I used my wiggle stick once. It was on a minor triad and on the first notes of the track to set a certain mood:
gilmour or less
Otherwise, I havenā€™t found much use for it to be honest. If I ever do a take approximating a Jeff Beck track, it might come in handy. :slight_smile:

Your rig has the magic of that strat neck pickup and a rockinā€™ bridge humbucker. Very versatile, you should get lots of tone out of that guitar. Excellent choice!

1 Like

Ah, sure I remember it well, (but just had to go back for a second helping which hadnā€™t lost any of its tastiness)
I had to laugh when I read your reply to my lauding of your wiggling vibrato and following in your footsteps- something about both of us ending up in an alley somewhere with a snot bubble mumbling Gregorian chants :rofl:

2 Likes

Good times!

<blah blah blah to reach the 20 character post count requirement. Why are all of these character count requirements being enforced? Crazy. >

Iā€™m late ā€¦

Happy NGD Brian.

The aesthetic of a ā€˜stratā€™ with its pickups housed directly in the body, not a pickguard, definitely appeals to me. And I certainly like chrome knobs.
You are now an HSSer.
:wink:

Oh, thatā€™s what I also like better about itā€¦I couldnā€™t put my finger on it