NGD today! Fender Strat

Is that the one called wino? If so it is a beutiful colour. It looks super nice!

I love it! It’s def more red than that PRS which I agree with Roger looks like a pink variant to me (a really nice color actually). I think it’s hard to really know the color of a guitar until you get it in your hands. All the pics of the Les Paul that I saw before I bought it looked really red, but when I went to the store to actually see it is when I noticed and thought “oohhh this is really nice”.

I expect it’s the same with your/your daughter’s awesome new Strat or that PRS, color in the pictures online may be different than when you have it in your hands.

Oh for sure. The blue colour on that strat is not even close on the picture compared with real life. Seen that on a lot of other guitars as well…

I just bought another Fender strat a couple months ago. They are fantastic is quality and sound awesome. I would have snatched up your Martin if I had the chance. I have a Martin acoustic and those are the best for acoustic playing. I have way too many guitars too, about 10 or so, It is like those lawyer commercials where the attorney is pictured in front of a library of books to seem smarter. I have a rack of guitars in my music room while I play to make me look more talented than I am lol. I bought a mini-Fender-Squier strat for my 10 year old daughter to learn. That one is not bad for being the low end version. Enjoy your new toy!

Jeff

1 Like

OMG, that Silversky SE……. :stuck_out_tongue::face_with_spiral_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes::heart_eyes_cat: me likeeeeee!

1 Like

Wow just wow! I wish you daughter a wondrous journey of discovery and for you Trond a new guitar all of your own. It must have been hard to give up the Martin.

2 Likes

tRonD, what a great way to bond with your daughter! I will wait patiently for the AVoYP of your duet.

2 Likes

Happy NGD to both your daughter and you!

1 Like

Wow! Didn’t take long for that first electric to show up in your life, even if it is your daughter’s :rofl:.

Looks like an awesome guitar, love the colour. One of the classic strat colours IMHO. Can’t wait to hear it plugged into your Yamaha THR on an AVOYP.

1 Like

So happy to see this @tRONd!
My work is done :rofl:
Take your time experimenting with the various settings on your amp. You have a ton of potential joy to unlock there. It’s worth downloading the app in due course if you haven’t already.
Looking forward to hearing some depressing, dirty tones coming out of that blue baby…

Funny you should say that Brian… i am looking for dirty tones on the amp. Have downloaded the app, and messing around with it… all the people that says electrical is far easier than acoustic… f!?# o*#

It is not easy at all :rofl: probably at least 10 years before i post any videos of me on electrical :see_no_evil:
Had a go on your «island disc» thread. Had to put it aside. Got overload from thinking back and forth…

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.
Don’t think of yourself sounding ‘good’ on it. Just play around with it having different tones :smiley:
Most of the songs you have shared so far are fingerstyle and will sound better on your acoustic.
Later when you want to play songs on the electric and switch between different tones, you might want to looking into getting one of these footswitches.
It’ll make you feel you have any number of pedals at your disposal, without having to stop and fiddle around with the amp :smiley:

Haha, and to think it only took me two decades :rofl:

Yep. That is what i concluded with… just mess around with it, and experiment a bit, Fingerstyle sounds crap on it :rofl:

I will have a go on your list one day. But right now it felt a bit overwhelming…

1 Like

Happy NGD! I would love a strat!

Not all fingerstyle sounds crap on a Strat, John Mayer playing Slow Dancing in a Burning Room is one of my fave guitar pieces ever at the moment (3) Slow Dancing In A Burning Room (Live in L.A.) - YouTube

1 Like

You are absolute right! But i am not john Mayor :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Happy NGD to your daughter and you. What a beautiful instrument.
Isn’t it a little bit like: “Daddy bought a toy train set” … I’m sure you can’t resist :joy:. Have fun!

2 Likes

Happy NGD.

I hope you both enjoy it equally!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a great looking guitar, I hope both of you enjoy it!

@EndlessRepetition beat me to it …

And also not Mark Knopfler :grin:

3 Likes

Happy NGD Trond and Trondling. That’s a tasty looking unit.

Might we hear it in the AVOYP, Trond?