NGD today! Fender Strat

NGD today!!

I could simply not wait anymore, and it became a real nobrainer when my 12 year old girl said that she wanted to learn electric guitar a few weeks back.
So finger crossed that she will enjoy it.
To be honest i hope this beuty will be played so much by my daughter that i will rearly get my hands on it, we surfed a couple of hours around looking at guitars. She landed on this beutiful blue Strat.
Stratocaster was not my first pick though. I wanted to go for an PRS… But no, it had to be a Fender strat :blush:
We now have this agreement that if she dont like playing guitar afterall then i will take it, so i had a small saying in the color on the guitar, i did not allow pink and a few other colors :rofl:
So i had to sell my Martin D-15 to fund this beuty… I think and hope it will be worth it in the end…

12 Likes

Does look good, Trond. I hope your daughter gets into it and that eventually you can get the PRS of your fancy. And another amp. For the father and daughter duet performances.

1 Like

That is my long term goal David :grin:

1 Like

PRS! PRS! PRS! :joy:

Although actually I think my next purchase will be a decent Strat (The PRS is obviously HH config). A strat would certainly be better for some songs we play AND if as we’re getting a few longer sets then it’s more practical to take two guitars.

Well I’ll be looking forward to hearing it Trond…I’m sure it’ll sound sweet.

Messed around with it a few hours today, it very very easy to play on. But i have a looooong way to go before i can get an decent sound out of it… its been occupied by my daughter last hour. Shes working on smoke on the water :rofl:

1 Like

Is she using Justin’s lessons as well? I am sure you both are going to have a great pleasure while using your new guitar, happy NGD!

And I am sure pink guitar would suit your mellow performances you share with us every now and then :smile:

Hahahahaha!!! Valid point Adrien :rofl:

Yes, she has tried justin guitar a few weeks last year. But that was on a steelstring. She did not think it was to funny with acoustic and sore fingers. She is more of a rocker and electric is right up her ally… i will actually subscribe the app for her lter today.

Edit: i have actually had my eyes on the Prs silver sky with a color called dragon fruit for a while now… that is pretty close to pink :rofl:

1 Like

:thinking:…Why not,…
Light pink…the big boss plays with this colour too…and it’s a girl, of course she wants pink or other colors in that spectrum…well.
That said, this is also a very nice guitar, beautiful yet so shiny and without dust,…and that case can be my funeral coffin, no problem,…and now you can do some electric flying too :sunglasses:
But oh boy it would be great to see you two playing together in a while :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Greetings to you strict father… :wink:

1 Like

Certainly looks more ‘pro’ to have two guitars, Jason. :laughing:

I’m not so dialed into tone that I can recall any songs you’ve played where I was thinking ‘if only you were playing a strat’? With your Pod plus EQ you’ve always managed to create a tone that worked for my ears.

The ironclad argument, if challenged by anybody, especially the missus :wink:, would be different tunings, then you can play some good old rock in open G, though you’d need a tele for that rather than a strat :grin:

She would never have picked pink anyway… she is all about black :rofl: she actually hates pink…

Then I’m curious what she thinks of my disabled Ibanez…will probably only be the color okay…matte black :spades:

She would probably love it :grin:

Shes been at it for an hour now. And no sore fingers… that is prommising :pray:

9 Likes

Happy NGD to you both. That is a lovely colour but I think a pink PRS will suit you Trond when the time comes. :wink:

1 Like

Happy NGD! That is a gorgeous guitar! I know it’s your daughter’s but I hope we see you in a AVoYP rockin’ it from time to time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now we are talking like a couple of ladies about colors…
I would like to add that a pink guitar really can’t be Trond,… that clashes enormously with the color of your chair :roll_eyes:

Had a hang up on this for the last two months…

Its not quite pink, but its not very far from either with the right lights on it…

3 Likes

My new Epiphone Les Paul Studio is Wine Red, mostly looks red but in the right light it def gives off a little purple. It’s actually kinda nice!

I looked her up, but that is also a very beautiful, and a special color … but in my eyes a pink variant :smile:,
And I don’t see this color much, that’s nice too :sunglasses:

Well great… now you are certainly thirsty all day :thinking:

1 Like