NGD - Travel guitar

I remember when PRS was a small boutique brand our (Liverpool) high end guitar shop had 3 behind glass no one was much brave enough to ask to play :smiley:

1 Like

Although the guitar has just been delivered by Santa, the date on the label inside is 12/21 so itā€™s a year old and has been presumably spent a year being shipped from China, stored in a warehouse and in the shop. The strings looked and sounded ok but I had no idea if they were good quality or not so I decided to change them.
Iā€™ve put on Dā€™Addario EJ16 phosphor bronze 12ā€™s. For a small, low cost guitar it sounds great. Itā€™s not a strumming machine like my D28 but sounds good strummed with a pick or with a finger/thumb. It also really suits fingerstyle play which is what Iā€™ve mostly been practising on it this past week.

4 Likes

Sounds like you made a lovely wee investment. Oh youā€™ve been working on fingerstyle. Working on any particular songs from your database?

2 Likes

Welcome to the JG Community PRS Owners Club, Gordon. Wish you many years of happy play in inviting locations.

Interesting that the guitar is made by Cort in China rather than the PRS factory where I understood SE guitars are made in (I think Indonesia).

And even if not matching the sound of the Martin, Iā€™ll still be keeping an eye out for an AVOYP from Sairfingers to showcase the new instrument.

2 Likes

Hi David,

My PRS Vela - SE is from America,ā€¦

Edit:
Oooo,sorry David,ā€¦It is a S2 :see_no_evil:

Greetings,ā€¦

1 Like

Not any song in particular James. Itā€™s fun going through different songs and trying fingerstyle on them. My dreamers of course would be from the Eric Clapton unplugged album.
Another one I been at off and on for a while and youā€™ve mentioned it before is Bob Dylanā€™s Donā€™t Think Twice.

1 Like

Happy NGD Gordon. That is a nice looking guitar. Youā€™ll be entertaining everyone at the campsites now. OM euro style. We want videos.

1 Like

As I stated, I was at the guitar shop getting strings today. They did have a PRS parlor in stock, so I fooled around with it a bit. Boy thatā€™s a nice little guitar! Wonderful action, nice tone, and beautiful construction. The one they have has electronics, and is priced at $900.

I just canā€™t justify buying any more guitars. The two that I have would probably like to escape. But if I could, I would.

1 Like

@markr31
Hi Mark. Sounds like a fun visit to the guitar store. Yes they are lovely little guitars. I think youā€™ve been looking at a different PRS model to mine however as I paid half that price for one without electrics.

1 Like

Looks nice, but I canā€™t hear it. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ll remedy that soon hopefully Clint. :smiley:

2 Likes

This is what my PRS can sound like. Mind you, this guy could make a bit of wire tied to a brush shaft sound good!

5 Likes

Congratulations on your new great guitar!
Should make a note in my ā€˜Guitar wishlistā€™.

1 Like

Happy NGD Gordon. I have tried that PRS model and it plays great. Best neck i played when it comes to parlour guitars. And it sounds great tooā€¦

1 Like

This video is great!! What an incredible talent guy! And yeah. He can make whatever sound good. He has plenty of videos where he makes guitars out of shovels and whatnot. And makes them sound great. Its clearly not Ā«allĀ» in the instrument, skills is also needed :rofl:

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: First impressions of my NGD - Enya Nova Go travel guitar

Tonight Iā€™ll be Staying Here With You - Bob Dylan

Hey Gordon!

Thanks for pointing me to you playing on your travel guitar! Iā€™ll head back over to your song and comment there too.

1 Like

Gordon, Thanks for the video. It gives me something to dream about playing on my GS-mini mahagony. The tone on the PRS parlour acoustic sounds perfect for acoustic blues like Eric Clapton improvising Robert Johnson.

1 Like

And now I have.
Have guitar, will travel, but without Justinā€™s lessons. Edit : Now in France! :guitar:

2 Likes