Tonight I’ll be Staying Here With You - Bob Dylan

Well, I just can’t escape from my era. Another late ‘60s song from Nashville Skyline.
I’ve been messing with this one and since it’s a Wednesday, I did a one take. Is a OTW even a thing anymore?
As I always say with my one takes, I’ve played it better and I’ve played it worse.

27 Likes

Really great Gordan, the new acoustic sounds great!

1 Like

It is as long as you keep it alive. :clapper:

That PRS sounds pretty good. Always love your videos. Good job

1 Like

I really enjoyed that Gordon. Loved how you introduced the picking of the individual strings. You also had a really nice vibe going and your vocals really suited the song.

1 Like

Excellent Gordon, lovely guitar and vocals working well together :ok_hand:

1 Like

Reliving your yoof ! And who can blame you with so many great songs back then. Hey could be biased or just old :rofl: Well that was a jolly old romp and well played for a OTW.
Lots of nice twiddly bits and fills and sung with gusto, well done Gordon !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

That was superb Gordon as usual top class from you!

1 Like

@sairfingers

Hi Gordon that was very lovely, great strumming, nice fills and great singing.

Of course love a Dylan song anyday, even though this one I haven’t heard before. You are very good using just a single take to record it. Do you have the lyrics by heart?

Was it a comfortable song to sing, or did you have to stress your voice a little with the high notes? When that happens to me, I just capo up 3-5 half tones, and drop the melody by 9-7 half tones, and see if that works out better.

1 Like

Great job on a great song there Gordon.

1 Like

Great rendition Gordon. Another top tune, with some tricky bits in there that you made seamless.
Apart from the great playing/ singing, you seem to always bring that ‘something’ to your performances that just make them so engaging and enjoyable.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Sounds cracking to me Gordon, styling all the way through.
Lovely guitar btw, gotta love the birdies :wink:

1 Like

Loved it. :slight_smile: Beautiful guitar too. :guitar:

1 Like

That was fabulous, Gordon. Apart from the usual great qualities, the addition of the single notes and chord embellishments lifted this. And I thought you really got into the singing, lots of extra dynamics and feeling.

As for me, keep bringing what you bring, first take, many takes, I care not, just love your performances and the songs you choose to learn. No reason to look beyond the decades you select from 60s/70s … let the good times roll.

1 Like

Wow Gordon…it sounds great!!! And there’s not much more I need to add :clap::clap::clap::blush:

1 Like

That was awesome Gordon. :guitar::+1:

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
That was great :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
Nice PRS debut :smiley:… and the whole thing was really more fun thanks to your embalisms in between :sunglasses:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Thanks for the listen and support guys. Always appreciated.

@alexisduprey @stitch @MadModMcd
Glad you liked the sound of the PRS. Despite its price and size I’m pretty impressed by its tone.

@Eddie_09 @TheMadman_tobyjenner @adi_mrok
Yes I enjoy the songs of my yoof as Toby put it. Im trying to put more note picking into my stuff to get away a bit from strum-a-dum-dum.

@TRJ
Glad I’ve introduced you to a Dylan song you didn’t know. Yes I know the lyric by heart. I find if I’m busy thinking too much about the lyric everything else goes wrong! Although pretty impossible with some of the Dylan stuff that has umpteen verses none of which make much sense.

2 Likes

@MiJoy @sclay @Notter @kamkor
Thanks guys. Haha Shane thanks for finding that ‘something’ in my performance.
Yes Mark the PRS birds are a cool change from the usual dots.

1 Like

Well,
You smiled at the end and that must have been the seal of approval from you?

Nice tone on the guitar. Might need a touch of mids or something to make it a bit richer?

Liked your nice little runs and the pickwork that pushed them along! Good vox and play all around. Just a nice song.

Now, that crack about “can’t escape the 60’s”. Why would one want to? The country here in the USA is not exactly what it once was… The music took the same path I think.

At any rate, good stuff dude!
LB

1 Like

Thanks David. One of the problems I find with doing a one take is the temptation to play it safe. What I mean by that, is avoiding dynamic vocals or avoiding adding in little riffs etc. as these are the bits most likely to get messed up.
On this occasion I just went for it and in the main it was ok.

@SILVIA @CateB
Thanks so much for the listen and support.

@roger_holland Quote. thanks to your embalisms in between
Hi Roger. I’m sure you meant embellishments. I certainly don’t want an embolism! Glad you enjoyed the song and the embellishments. :grinning:

1 Like