NGD - Well almost!

Hi,

Having been inspired by all of the pictures of your new guitars I thought I’d post a picture of my 2002 Japanese Fender Jaguar that I picked up just before Christmas.

It’s a little bit beaten up with a few dings in the bodywork, & it needed some TLC but now it plays like a dream and I’m loving it… plus it satisfies the Grunge in me seeing as I’m still stuck in the 90’s :grin:

I’d been looking at Jags & Jazzmasters for a few months prior to biting the bullet & buying it… foolishly telling myself that I didn’t need a second guitar, oh how very wrong I was!!

Hope you like!

10 Likes

Belated happy NGD Gareth.

That’s nice looking instrument.

1 Like

Happy NGD! Nice looking guitar. Jaguars look cool and sound even better!

1 Like

Enjoy it, Gareth, looks great. I look forward to hearing some grungy power-chord riffing.

1 Like

Thanks both for your comments.

Have to admit I’ve always loved Jaguars. As for the riffs… I’ll do my best :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll confess to buying myself a fuzz pedal shortly after getting the Jag for that very purpose!

1 Like

Ouch that looks nice! I’m looking into a second electric as well w/ single coils. How does this compare to a Strat? Do you like the Tremelo system? And what are those 3 switches about?

1 Like

Happy NGD Gareth. Very nice !

Used or straight out of the box, if its new to you its certainly an NGD. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the response :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure the Jag does compare too much with a Strat, I’d say the tone was fairly different… a little more ‘jangly’ maybe on the bridge pickup but the neck pick up is still pretty smooth & warm sounding.

The trem is pretty solid, although I don’t use it that much. It’ll move both ways as well but you have the option to lock it so that you can only push the trem arm down as opposed to pulling back.

Those switches are the pick up selectors and a ‘Tone Cut’ switch, so in the up position the pick up is on and off when it’s down. You’ve also got the Rhythmn Circuit switch on the top which cuts out everything other than the neck pickup and has it’s own volume & tone rollers which I’ve found pretty useful when I want a louder lead tone.

1 Like

Thanks Toby,

This one is used and dates back to 2002… I picked it up from a local guitar shop that only sells used gear. I have to stop myself looking at his website too often, it’s way too tempting!!

1 Like

Really cool. I’ll have to try one out myself.

I hope to hear yours sometime :grin:

1 Like

That’s a great looking guitar, will look forward to hearing you play it!

1 Like