NGD (well, it was last week) pre-owned LTD H-1001 in black cherry

Follow up to my earlier conversation about buying a first electric guitar. I took everyone’s advice, and pushed myself to go play some guitars in person. Over about four visits, I tried several guitars, and tragically, didnt love Ibanez (my dream brand) but to be fair there weren’t many available to try and the few that were avail were in odd colors or were not as comfortable as some other guitars I tried.

I spied this used guitar and when I sat down with it, it just felt right. And it sounded amazing. I had a reservation about a new guitar being played too much, let alone a 2 yr old one being sold used. I researched buying used guitars and what stood out to me most was the point that by the time a guitar is played for a couple of years, any manufacturing defect will be apparent. This one has none, it’s in great condition. And also, someone here pointed out that played instruments open up and sound really good, perhaps better than new ones. And I also like to think it had some fun rock n roll experiences on stages around the world (most likely someone’s bedroom in my city) but hey, anything is possible.

I got if for about 20% off new retail price including a Gator hard case. After a full professional inspection and setup, I brought it home and can’t wait to learn some techniques. And I went with the Boss Katana 50 MKII.

I’m still getting my dad’s Squier Bullet, and I intend to play that one quite a bit first so I can say my real “first” electric playing is on my sweet dad’s guitar.

15 Likes

That’s the most important part of buying a guitar. If it feel right and looks good you’ll want to play it. I’m sure you two will become close friend. Cool looking guitar.

4 Likes

Happy NGD! As Rick says the most important part of buying a guitar is that it feels right for you. It looks great, love the colour. Wish you lots of fun with you new toy. Rock on :sunglasses: :guitar:

3 Likes

Very nice, can’t go wrong with that especially if you’re an aspiring rock monster :metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

Nice colour, if it sounds like it looks…nothing can’t go wrong! Wish you a lot of fun with this beauty!

2 Likes

What an AWESOME looking guitar. Dual humbuckers. I’m excited for you! Happy NGD.

2 Likes

VERY nice! You’ll have lots of fun adding your adventures to its musical history.

1 Like

A fine-looking instrument to bond with!

1 Like

That is a lovely looking guitar Stacy. What a great colour. Happy NGD. :metal:

1 Like

Happy NGD Stacy. It looks amazing.

1 Like

Thank you everybody! I thought I wanted a deep blue, but I love how the dark red and abalone suit my personality. It’s going to be a dream to play on. Thanks to everyone for the advice to go buy in store, I’d not have done it otherwise.

1 Like

That’s really nice happy NGD!

1 Like