NGD - Yamaha FG800

Thanks to some friends who gave me a generous gift card to Sweetwater, and my Mom helping make up the difference, I got this really great Christmas present!

I’ve been practicing, so far, on my trusty Strat. The next logical step seemed to be an acoustic for all of those campfire song sort of situations, or just anywhere I want to play and not drag an amplifier.

Enter, the Yamaha FG800. I did a lot of research, and it seemed to be one of the best price point acoustic guitars (i.e., relatively high quality for guitars in its low price range, the most-often recommended student/beginner instrument.)

So far, it’s delightful! Fit and finish are nice, and, it seems very resonant. Other than that… I’m not much of a guitar expert.

13 Likes

Happy NGD Todd, you won’t go wrong with that Yam !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Happy NGD. You’ll not go wrong with that guitar. Yamahas get a great name for quality and value for money.

1 Like

Congrats on the gift Todd.
Yamaha offer quality at all price points, you’ll be fine with that. I hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Todd,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
I wish you a lot of time and fun together,…

I have a piano stool from Yamaha here at home, :sob:…a shame, they should have made a guitar out of it :blush:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Good choice Todd, happy NGD!

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on playing the acoustic vs the electric as time goes on.

1 Like

Congratulations, Yamaha makes great guitars. That one looks nice.

1 Like

Thanks, all!

Yeah, it sounds like Yamaha has a pretty good reputation.

I played trombone when I was in school, starting when I was 10 or so. Stopped doing the school concert/marching band when I was 14 I think, but stuck with choir. I think my trombone was a Yamaha also. :rofl:

1 Like

Happy NGD Todd. I hope you get many years of happiness from it.

Everyone needs an acoustic, in my opinion.

1 Like