Ninety Miles An Hour (Down A Dead End Street)

This is my cover of the original written by Don Robertson and Hal Blair, and made famous by country artist Hank Snow in 1963. (My version feels a bit different from Hank Snow’s original.)

• Vocal recorded with a Shure PGA27.
  • Guitar is a Martin OM-35e recorded with the Shure PGA27 and also with the output jack for the internal pickup.
  • Added a basic bass in the DAW, as well as some EQ and Reverb.
7 Likes

Haha, you have been ‘inspired’ man, haven’t you? :laughing:

Solid job. Not a single nit here. :smiley:
(I never thought about it before, but I just realised that although I enjoy songs about death, destruction, depression and evil, for some weird reason, songs about infidelity tend to leave me cold. Sigh :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Well, I hope inspiration has some wellspring other than spending money on guitars…but I guess I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

In any case, thanks for the kudos. (But I think there was at least one pretty glaring clam in the guitar playing…)

Lol. Country music has a rich tradition of infidelity songs.

A completely new song for me but Loved it! Great job Jason. Lovely playing and your vocals were really good and suited to the song! Bravo!!!

1 Like

FabuIous and sweet! I enjoyed it a lot :blush::clap::clap::clap: I don’t know the song.

1 Like

@Eddie_09 @SILVIA

Thank you!

For those who aren’t familiar with the original song, here it is:

1 Like

Hi Jason, what a lovely song. You played and sung it so well. I really enjoyed the listen :smiley::+1:.
Thanks for sharing it :hugs:.

1 Like

@NicoleKKB
Thank you!

1 Like

Lyrics from a bygone era!
Super C&W stuff Jason. All it needed was the motorcycle to run over a lost dog as they made their way to the motel. :smiley:

Seriously, really well played and sung. Loved it.

2 Likes

That was a little bit of a swerve having just listened to Kasper’s latest but what a lovely song. Never heard of the artists of the song and tend to avoid country but that really was very enjoyable and the gingham was minimal. Super playing and lovely tone from the Martin and your vocals are supreme on this one, may be your best singing. Nice clean production as well.

Great job Jason, was about to hunt down the OT but see you added it already. Off for a listen. :+1:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

@sairfingers @TheMadman_tobyjenner
Thank you; I appreciate the encouragement.

Delighted to be catching up here in AVOYP and find one from you again, JWC, it has been far too long between drinks.

Wonderful playing and tone on the guitar, matched by the vocal, and a pro polished production.

A fabulous afternoon treat.

1 Like

Thank you, David.

1 Like

Beautiful job on the song. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

1 Like

Hi Jason,

Excellent vocal.

Not my usual type of music, but this sounds great.
Guitar and vocal balance is spot on. Playing is great.

Did I say the vocal is excellent? :slight_smile:

Digger

1 Like

@SDKissFan @Digger72

Thank you; I’m pleased you enjoyed it.

A new one to me Jason but I really enjoyed it. I thought your playing and singing were excellent.

1 Like

Thank you!

That was really great! Thank you!

1 Like

I am unfamiliar with the song, but I love it. Excellent playing and your vocals really fit the vibe of the song.

1 Like