Nirvana Bowie Man Who Sold the World Unplugged

I first started working on this one 11 months ago! Cardigan weather means Nirvana so I’ve brought it back out and have been trying to add to my repertoire (songs I can play at the drop of a hat, any time, any where, without checking my notes - small but slowly growing list).

I still want to work on the intro a bit (Justin has a great one I am still working on) and the scales in the chorus are almost there but you’ll hear an errant note (or is it a beauty mark?) jump out.

So still a bit of a work in progress but wanted to mark where I’m at and get a video out there so I can tuck it away for a bit.

8 Likes

Great tune and the Nirvana cover is a classic for me.

You’ve got that in a decent place already there Jesse, that walk up during the first chorus round takes some dexterity, played well to me. Vocals hit the spot here too. II wouldn’t say you’ve got too much more to finesse that, please post up your “final” one when you do it. :+1:

PS - Kurt’s cardigan was cooler I’m afraid :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Sounding pretty good, Jesse, well on the way. A few rough edges to polish up.

As a stretch, you could work on looking into the camera more, less at the left hand when playing the open chords, and having a quick glance when making a change up the neck and back to the camera.

Sounding pretty good, Jesse, well on the way. A few rough edges to polish up.

As a stretch, you could work on looking into the camera more, less at the left hand when playing the open chords, and having a quick glance when making a change up the neck and back to the camera.

Keep on keeping on!

That was great Jesse! Agree with the other comments and a little bit of polishing (not much) and this will be the finished product. Your vocals were excellent too BTW.

Sounding good Jesse. Now if you did the Bowie version you could drop the Cardi but it might then call for Lycra or something ! Great vocals on this one and to be honest not much left to do on the playing side as its pretty much there as others have said. Well done sir !

:sunglasses:

Great stuff, Jesse! Really enjoyed listening to that! :clap: :clap: :clap: Takes me back to my late teens when we were huge Nirvana fans and one New Years holiday we spun that Unplugged album nonstop. Anytime I hear those tracks it takes me straight back to then. I never delved into Bowie as a teen so I heard the Nirvana cover before the original, but now prefer Bowie’s version, perhaps because it feels fresher to me oddly?! :joy:
Brilliant cover mate, keep 'em coming! :sunglasses: :+1:

Very nicely done @jestersea you are well on your way to mastering that one. Lovely rich tone from guitar too. Enjoyed it :clap: :grinning:

Hi Jesse,

Loved this - you’ve got a good voice - nice expression in it.

Nicely played and a worthy cover.

Digger

Nice one Jesse, that was cracking. Great playing and singing. Man, it looked a hard one and I’m not surprised at how long it has taken but what a great job you did with it. Some real finger stretching in there. Bravo!