Nitsuj Module 4 - Practice 1

View the full lesson at Nitsuj Module 4 - Practice 1 | JustinGuitar

Just wanna say that as an absolute guitar beginner who’s also at this stage, seeing how Justin is handelling this module is incredibly helpful. I’ve been second-guessing myself all week, but it’s good to know that some aspects of this stage (in particular, trying to nail Never Met A Girl) really are meant to be a bit of a struggle!

1 Like

Steve @ninjasteve
First of all welcome to the community :grinning:
I agree it is reassuring to see how Nitsuj struggles like us beginners.
Michael

1 Like

Hello, when I play the songs, am I suppose to strum like Justin or Can I just strum when the circle appears?
I hope you understand my message (sorry for my english)

1 Like

Laura, it’s perfectly fine for you to take it slowly at the beginning :slightly_smiling_face: D minor is a tricky cord, so strumming on time when the circle appears, as you say is perfectly fine when playing songs with D minor in it. You can also slow down the songs as much as you need.

Justin introduces “Old Faithful” in this modul. Just use a few minutes for dry strumming this pattern every practice session. Then when you feel comfortable with it, you can play it while fretting a chord. Then try changing back and forth between two chords you feel comfortable with etc. You can do this at any speed you feel comfortable with :slightly_smiling_face:

Then, at some point you can try playing Old Faithful in songs with D minor in them, as Justin is practicing here. Again, no rush :slightly_smiling_face: Slow the songs down as much as you need. You will see, it will get easier with every practice session. Soon you will be able to increase the speed so much that you can play along to the 100 % version on the app with Old Faithful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey, thanks a lot for your response! I’ll do that :slight_smile:

2 Likes