No Body - By: Blake Shelton - Cover by LBro

Hey LBro good to hear you hitting those notes, pretty tight cover to me. As David said quite a catchy tune and quite cool country rock on more of a rocky side :grinning: all the best!

I enjoy a bit of country rock and that was no exception - had me foot tappin! Fantastic production. :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

Hi,
Good to hear your ears were pleased with this offering.

All the best to you!
LB

Thanks Eddie!
Likewise, looking forward to hearing your offerings in 23. Hopefully you will find something cool under the tree to support your six string journey!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Great job on this one.

Hi Toby,
Hum, this must not rock enough for your chops? Thanks on the nice commentsā€¦ At least now you can say you heard of Blake Sheltonā€¦ :exploding_head:

All the best to you in the NY and be well!
LB

Hi Adi,
Indeed, you are seeing this one as I do. Some country with a rock bent and good vibe. Glad it came off that way for you and that you found it to your liking!

Happy holidays to you and all the best!
LB

Hi,
Thanks for stopping in and for the foot tappin comments. That is nice to hear and even better that you are into some country rock! I think my version rocked a tad more that Blakeā€™s version. But he is the master on this one!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Thanks Jeff!

All the best to you and happy holidays!
LB

Yes, Iā€™ve heard it. I like country music, but I tend to like the artists and styles that Blake Shelton called grandpa music purchased by ā€œold fartsā€ and ā€œjackasses.ā€ As an old fart, I put Blake more in the pop-influenced ā€œbro countryā€ category that kind of took over country radio (unless you listen to ā€œclassic countryā€ or ā€œamericanaā€ stations). This particular song isnā€™t too far in that direction, though; it seems to have a little more of a line dancing kind of vibe.

I like your version with the punched up guitars better than Blakeā€™s original. I think you hit your target, there. You could even rock it up a little more, in my opinion (almost a ā€œbang a gongā€ kind of tone/vibe). Fun cover!

Thanks Jason! It was not long ago that I first heard this song. I immediately liked the vibe and beat. My version to me did tend to rock a bit more. If you are into it, just let me know as I could re-amp the guitars to have a bit more grit on them. The drums could be brought up and the bass could thump more. Not sure my ā€œbang-a-gongā€ guitars would be worth hearing as I am not sure how to do such a thing playing and play grade wise. Even the attempt would take some doing. A new mix per above though would be fairly quick to doā€¦

So who are the artists going back, that you like to listen to? I could look at doing something in that realm. Though a lot of country has the lap or steel guitars in them that I donā€™t have. Slide guitar poorly done by me is a poor substituteā€¦

All the best to you and Merry Christmas!
LB

Yeah, thatā€™s an obstacle when doing country covers without an actual county band. Lack of a fiddle is another. But I think covers with just regular guitars can still hold up if the song is good.

That would be cool; Iā€™d love to hear your take on some of them if you were interested. My favorite country artists include Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams Jr., Hank Williams Sr., Willie Nelson, Ray Price, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, George Strait, Alan Jackson, et alii.

Hey Jason,
Yeah, totally agree that no fiddle is a tough one. I have a granddaughter that can play violin and if I have sheet music, she could try to fake fiddle. But that steel guitar is a tough one. Most here donā€™t seem to like the twang of it though, so maybe a good guitar solo works there.

Hey, great list of artists and I thank you for it and them! :slight_smile:
I will look them up and see if there is anything I can cover there. With such a big range of artists I would hope to find something I can manage!

All the best to you this festive day and the best to you come the new year!
LB

Great stuff LB! Top production and enjoyed the guitar tone and vocals. I have a soft spot for country, having grown up listening to a bit as my dad was a fan. Wasnā€™t familiar with this track but liked your version. Well done! :clap: :sunglasses: :+1:

Thanks NZ!
I am glad this tickled your country memories a bit. This song is relatively new, as it came out in Aug of 2022. I heard it and liked the beat and vibe it had. So I tried to cover it and this cover is what I came up with. Blake sure sang it a lot better than me, but then he gets paid the big bucks for a reason. I am just a hobby studio guy, in it for fun and learningā€¦

All the best to you!
LB

1 Like

Dude, youā€™re killing it! Keep 'em coming! :smiley:

Will do Jeff!

All the best to you in 2023!
LB

1 Like

Hey LBro, I definitely agree with you that the guitars sound very good, and although there are no goats in this video, it is no less incendiary :slight_smile: I really liked the vocals, and since I have not heard this song before, this will be a reference version for me!
With best regards

Mike

Love listening to stuff thast is new (to me).
Thoroughly enjoyed this LBro

Hi Mike,
Was wondering about you Russian guys as you have not been around a lot from what I recall. Thanks on the guitarsā€¦ that took me a bit to transcribe some and improvise other runs. Glad you found this new tune to your liking. I never heard of Blake Shelton until I saw him as a coach on the ā€œThe Voiceā€ TV show. We have another of his tunes on deck and that one should be special, since 2 other prominent members of the forum are in the collaboration!

All the best in 23ā€™ mate!
LB