Nothing Else Matters, Johnny B. Goode, and Sweet Child Intro Covers

Hadn’t seen this cover! Thanks for sharing. Inspiring to watch

Those three were really great Sean. JK has already picked up on the sustain with GnR, so that was the only thing to point out from me. I really enjoyed them all.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan! Really appreciate you watching along with the kind words and feedback. I’ve been working on that sustain in the meantime :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Sean, amazing how far you’ve already come in only 2 years :hushed::+1:.
As your playing level is well beyond mine, I can’t offer any constructive feedback, and therefore just stick to the ‘Hello’-part :smiley:.

1 Like

Hello Sean, I have no critique to offer as your ability is way beyond mine but those were great - loved Johnny be Goode well done! :clap:t2: :smiley:

Nothing Else Matters:
Solid playing on this one. Nothing major to change here, just keep an eye on clean notes and you’ll get there. Well done!

Johnny B. Goode:
I think Shane gave you the good feedback. Practice it slowly, so you don’t incorporate bad practices into your playing, especially for a song that’s on your dreamer’s list! But every once in a while, I would crank it up to the original speed, just to actually get the feel for where you stand when you push it to the limit. Once you get more comfortable, I would even push it a bit over original tempo, so it gets easier at 100%.

Sweet Child O’ Mine:
You move your fingers/hand way too much. Others have already said that it sounds a bit sharp and to increase the sustain, but you really want to focus on not jumping around with your fretting hand that much. It’s all in the minor pentatonic box 1 position, your hand shouldn’t really need to move around. Not necessarily directly related, but you might want to check out the minimum movement exercise. It’ll especially help you later when you reach the main solo lessons.

Great stuff overall, especially well done on a well structured practice routine and having goals. Enjoy the journey and see you around the forum!

2 Likes

Hi Sean,
great job…and great achievements for 2 years of playing. You nail it in 3 songs but my favorite is Nothing Else Matters…very very nice.
I’m creating my foundation first in the acoustic but i have the goal to try the electric next year.
Keep posting and keep rocking :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

Cheers!

1 Like

I really enjoyed all of these, Sean, Johnny B Goode in particular as it’s on my to-learn list as well. I thought you played that one pretty good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Nicole, thanks so much for watching and saying hi! Really appreciate the kind words. I’ve tried to practice/play at least one hour a day six days a week and it’s been a really fun journey so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much Mari! Really appreciate you watching. I love that song and am excited learn more Blues in general.

1 Like

Hey Carlos, thanks so much for the very kind comments and watching! I love Metallica (my favorite band), so I really loved learning Nothing Else Matters. You’ll love electric once you pick it up! Playing with the different tones is a lot of fun. But I really enjoy playing both.

Thank you so much for the constructive feedback and input! It’s can be hard to learn/progress without proper feedback and ears outside of your own. So I really appreciate you taking the time for such thorough input.

Agree with you and Shane on Johnny B. Goode, and will continue to practice perfectly at slower tempos to avoid bad habits/missed notes. Gonna use Guitar Pro to dial in playing it at different speeds. I really like the thought of cranking it up higher than the original so that it’s easier to play! Once I get it perfect at slower speeds of course.

And yeah, the minimum finger movement exercise would be solid to revisit. I did that a while back, but I think my fingers need a little retraining there lol.

Glad you enjoyed Nothing Else Matters and I’ll keep working on this feedback.

Thanks again!

2 Likes