NPD the best pedal ever

Visiting my best friend since I was 7 in SE UK, before I paid deposit on Cornerstone Nucleo at Andertons and we went and tried this morning in 20 mins I was hooked. It is so versatile unbelievable.

7 Likes

Sounds great, indeed. Something any ambient guitar music player would most certainly appreciate, with the variety of effects available. Congrats on your purchase, no wonder you were hooked. Now it’s time to have tons of fun with it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Tomasz, apart from the huge reverb setting it has a room and hall settings and these are extremely usable in like any echo, reverb effects but the tone off the guitar is not lost, it is quite an amazing bit of kit, and great fun to explore

1 Like

I think I remember someone posting a Paul Davids video a while back on the forum about the making of that pedal.

It sounds amazing, although I wouldn’t have a clue how to use it effectively.

Lovely guitar.

At first I found it quite confusing but after 30 minutes or so aspects of it became clear. There is and array fo setting a variables, last night we found best to change a little at a time until we found what we audibly liked and then played with that for a while and then altered another setting and so on.

1 Like

Being inspired and having a good time is huge. The cost of a pedal that stokes the imagination is money well spent, and exploring tone is way under rated. Nice share! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I heard good things about that pedal when it came out. I have 2 pedal nut case friends who got it and one inparticular would not shut up about it for a few weeks. It actually inspired him to write a metal song called The Burning or The Ruin of the Vaulted Funeral Chamber, something like that. Very Slayer sounding with a long section with monk like chanting and a guitar solo using that effect pedal. It is definitely very cool. Super stoked you found that. IIRC @Carreta might have been on the verge of buying one also a while back, but I do not recall If he did did or not. There was an interesting video posted showing these were not hand spun unfortunatly. But meh so what.

1 Like

It is a very interesting pedal in that is goes from simple echo through to extreme echoes and sound scape with huge variability. The nearest to it that is old school is a ‘Memory Man’ but there are key differences, the Nucleo does not seem to distort tone as notes as they are echoed/delayed, and it has much greater flexibility.

It has also encouraged me to explored triads and simple 4 string voicings, sometimes I have had no idea what I am playing and have then worked out the chords afterwards.

Hehe, that is it. Once you dig more about Nucleo you cant ressist to not own it. :smiley:
Even with such a big price… the price of a guitar we can say. I really like your friend having pure fun and joy from hitting few notes. :slight_smile:
I got this pedal on my board too. Paired with Boss BD-2W and it works like this (link below).
But for now I am using it just like a light touch of reverb, nothing too fancy. Just a little bit of salt to the course. :smiley:

When it comes to freezing and then improvising over… that freeze is sooo good. I am “dreaming” about learning to use it good with acoustic guitar. :slight_smile:
@Ontime Thanks for tag, m8. I got this piece and it looks so cool too.

Key of A - EDC Shape Improvisation Grade 3

2 Likes

Hi, it’s has such great tone and versatility, they must have put a lot off effort into its development which they say took 2 years.

My friend and I did try it with his SJ200 and it sounded fantastic, still acoustic but with the Nucleo effect. You could make some beautiful sounds with it tastefully set.

2 Likes