Nuovo Cinema Paradiso Love Theme - My Beginner Study

I’m still not quite sure where I fit into the key saga, but whatever you did, the results are so satisfying :smiley:
Bravo! :sunglasses:
Now I’m going to have to go and rewatch one of my favourite movies again :laughing:
Mille grazie!

1 Like

Thank you Mathieu @math07 …so happy to read your comment!

I’m not sure about this yet, but I"m trying not to overthink it and not to overthink the struggles with the pick and enjoy both my instruments, Classical and Acoustic Guitar. I think I can express myself better through Nylon Strings though…it seems to be like an objective matter of fact. But I love my strumming practice as much, only I feel results are slowier because I’m giving it less time.

Now @brianlarsen…there was also a challenge going on a Solfege thread where you asked if I could harmonise a melody…and I’ve been working on a simple and short one for you…but Nuovo Cinema Paradiso came first :woman_shrugging: :sweat_smile: I’m very happy you enjoyed it! :blush::grin::sweat_smile:

1 Like

That was just beautiful, Silvia! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sorry for being late to the party, and I’m really thankful you linked it to your learning log, because else I would have missed this gem possibly. :open_mouth:

It must feel so special and amazing to figure out on your own how to play and accompany one of your favourite pieces! Great achievement and so well done! :smiley: Very happy for you. Thanks for sharing this with us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much Lisa for your positive comment…I’m so very happy you liked it!

To be honest at the beginning I couldn’t even believe it! I started with humming the melody and strum some chords along with it and it just worked fine to my ear…so I wondered about the key and looked for all the chords. I’m sure there’s a lot more in the original…but just as a Beginner Study I’m very happy with it :grin::blush:

1 Like

Silvia that was oh so very lovely, you are playing so well, and doing the arrangements too is really wonderful. You can play anything! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mari your comment is oh so very great to read! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Someone recently made me notice all the inaccuracies of the recording, I said “well it’s just a beginner study!” …and the answer was “well you should try to be accurate from the very beginning!” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Now…it’ s good to receive criticisms as well so one can understand what to improve…but it gives me joy to know that people also can relate to the feeling of the recording! Thanks for listening and your very kind words of appreciation!

1 Like

@SILVIA
Wow, Silvia! It’s just divine!
And what a wonderful sound!
Congratulations and thanks,
Leo!

1 Like

Leo…thank you for listening and commenting, I can’t believe you all enjoyed it so much :upside_down_face:

Hi,
I found this played well, but to me it was very relaxing. Soothing comes to mind as well. All to say, very nice fingers work there Silvia!

Keep those fingers on the strings and all the best to you!
LB

1 Like