Oct 2026 DDT That is all

I noticed that there are topics with month in the title. Am I correct that I can use it as a journal topic? I’m gonna post here all songs I record this month.

And I start with unusual one. This is a Russian song by a band called DDT, the song is called That is all. I added subtitles with lose translation of this song, but it’s quite difficult to do, because of highly poetic text with subtext and all this jazz, but at least a gist of lyrics may come through.

Here is the meaning in a nutshell from musixmatch: The song ‘Это всё’ by DDT reflects on the passing of time and memories that remain after one’s departure. It symbolizes the impermanence of life and the legacy we leave behind, urging not to dwell on sorrows but to embrace the journey until the final farewell.

Hope you find it amusing :smiley:

7 Likes

A beautiful song nicely played and sung. You get an awesome sound of you acoustic (is it a Martin?). I understood most of the original lyrics (I can still read and write cyrylics :slight_smile: ). Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Another really good post, although not familiar to me. Really interesting picking technique with the harmonics - cool trick!

2 Likes

Rem - our etiquette allows only one new topic per month in AVOYP. Therefore some people do like to add the month name to the topic title.
If you want to maintain a learning journal we also have a subsection called Learning Logs for that alongside any recordings you post in AVOYP.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rem, that was just beautiful. Your playing and voice matched well. You threw a lot of emotion into this song as well. Great lyrics, even if anything was lost in the translation. You made up for that with the emotion in your playing and singing. Great dynamics as well. Great job of recording too. Guitar and voice were equal.

1 Like

Rem

Excellent!

Brian

1 Like

Thank you all for kind words.

Oh no, Martin is for somebody who actually can play. :smiley: I have humble Sigma.

Ooh! That’s cool!

Thanks. Yeah, took it right from the original track. He does it even while singing, but I can’t pull it off yet :smiley:

Yeah, I think I’ll post complete songs here, and post in Learning logs vlog weekly (want to try out this format), I’m too unorganized and chaotic to jot down practice logs - I have no plan or structure

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. Usually emotions are my enemy - I mess up notes right away when I start to add emotions or dynamics. This time I mostly got lucky

Thanks, Brian!

1 Like

Very cool. I love that you build it up and transitioned from the finger to the struming and then back and forth. Great Job.

It had a real somber feel, almost a hunting element to it. When I translated the words (probobly not very well) I see why I felt that. Very beautifully done to be able to express that without me knowing the words at first. :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

I can dig it,
:victory_hand:t2::love_you_gesture:t2::sign_of_the_horns:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, man! That’s awesome that you felt this vibe

1 Like