OGD - Old Guitar Day?

I finally dug out my first guitar: a Fender Telecaster from the mid 90s. I took it to my local Friendly Guitar Store and they gave it a quick tune up and here it is! It sounds great. Itā€™s a shame my Fender tube amp is lost to time. I guess thereā€™s another NGD in my future.

13 Likes

My story is similar to yours, though it goes back a little farther in timešŸ˜Š Itā€™s great that you still have your first guitar, that itā€™s still playable and sounds great. I still have my first, a 1962 Gibson ES120-T. I had it fixed up by a local guy and it still plays well. Similarly, I donā€™t have my original Fender tube amp, a 1966 Bandmaster.

1 Like

Great looking Tele Eric. Love that VS color. That color seems to be my favorite.
Cool all ya had to do was get it out too. If you was to have to buy one today yaā€™d likely be reaching deep in your pockets to empty them out to get that sweet guitar.

For sure, bummer about your amp.
My first amp was lost to time too. Iā€™ve been scratching my head wondering what I did with that amp for a couple years now. I finally gave up trying to figure it out. ā€œLost to timeā€ fitā€™s my scenario perfect.
Thatā€™s ok though, much cool amps available today. Hope ya donā€™t want to get a new fender tube amp though. There a shade on the pricey side these days.

Good luck in your hunt for a cool amp to go with your sweet guitar.

1 Like

Very nice, canā€™t beat a Telecaster for versatility! Nice color too, gotta like a sunburst!

1 Like

Nice. Looks great.

1 Like

Vintage Sunburst, whatā€™s not to like. Happy Revival Day !
:sunglasses:

1 Like