Ok to post a link to my own free lesson?

Hi everyone!

I have a question about forum rules.

Is it acceptable to post a link to a free video lesson that I made, derived from something I learned from Justin?

I made a free video expanding upon Justin’s mnemonics for learning the notes on the strings, adding images for his mnemonics and adding some more of my own for other strings and frets. I credit Justin in my lesson.

Would it be a violation of forum rules or etiquette to post a link to my lesson here somewhere? And if that’s ok, where and how should I do so?

Many thanks to Justin and the community. It’s really a wonderful thing you all do here.

Cheers,
Jason

“I see that module is locked so I can’t check it.”
I copied this from your other post and should answer your question. The reason the module is locked is it is one of the few paid subscriptions Justin has.

Thanks for writing, Stitch. It turns out the mnemonics I’m expanding upon were originally described in Justin’s Practical Music Theory book from 2009. It sounds like the video you mention uses some different mnemonics.

Was also a paid for product from the old website. So I’m guessing it’s not a good idea to post your lesson. PMT has always been something you have to pay for weather it be in book, pdf or subscription like it is now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, stitch.

To be clear, I’m not trying to reveal some secret sauce that Justin reserves for his paid products. It was a relatively small thing in the context of his overall work.

Rather, my intention is to show my appreciation and to give back. I think I have improved upon his idea a bit, in a way that people tell me has been very helpful for them as well, and I would like to offer that freely and with thanks.

But if the general sense is that’s not appropriate here, I don’t mind. I don’t want to ruffle any feathers.

Best wishes,
Jason