Old Town Road (Cover)

Cover of Old Town Road. Recorded in September of 2020.

Old Town Road (SoundCloud)
Old Town Road (Dropbox/WAV)

10 Likes

Sounds very good. Clean guitar and good vocals!

1 Like

Thank you, Hartley, I’m pleased that you liked it.

This song is not my usual kind of thing, but at one point I decided to learn a couple modern pop songs (I have some young nieces that influenced that decision) and this one was at the top of the charts at the time. I learned the song, laid down the drums and bass, and then it sat for a while. One day I got a wild hair and decided to record a “one and done” guitar/vocal take on top of the drums and bass and call it finished. So that’s what I did. :slight_smile:

I remember especially enjoying the creation of the drums on this.

Oh, I remember this. It was a fun song. Not that old really. A couple years ago, I think. Good job! I bet your young nieces enjoyed it too.

1 Like

Good solid performance. Your voice as usual has a lot of character on top of being good!

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, they were delighted when I started playing this one, and immediately joined in on the vocal. (Something they knew!)

Thank you, John. I think of this track as one of the weaker performances I’ve put out there, so I’m very pleased to get some positive feedback on the vocal, in particular.

Love your version Jw, nicely done! :slight_smile:

Sounds great! What mic setup are you using to record the guitar and vocals?

@Bytron08 @Thejoechoi - Thanks, guys.

My recording setup varies, as I’ve been trying different things on different recordings. On this one I believe the guitar was captured to two tracks using its internal pickup (a Fishman Aura VT Enhance) and a Shure PGA27 microphone. The vocal mic was either a Sennheiser e835 or an Audio-Technica AT-2020.

That was very cool, Jason. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Great playing and singing as always.

I love me a dose of Jason and his guitar. Always good for the soul.

Well done sir! Not a note out of place and a fine cover version. All aspects were spot on. Nice share!

I said it before, and I’ll say it again:

Smashed it!
Vibes! :sunglasses:

(oops, where’d my vibes go?)

Very Nice! I don’t know the song, but I like it. Great instrumental, vocals, and production.

Very impressive Jason! You are a man of many faces, one of the most versatile musicians I know on this forum :slight_smile:.