Older guitar students - can 'old dogs' learn new tricks?

Hello Carolyn and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll find everything you need here.

1 Like

Hi Carolyn, welcome to the community.

Agree. Adding some practical music theory to the mix has helped my playing and ability to create the sounds I want.

1 Like

Welcome.

Someday I’ll try music theory, maybe in winter when I may have more time.

2 Likes

It is encouraging to see so many oldheads beginning to play. Sofa king awesome!!!

3 Likes

I think I need an LP style guitar in the stable, kinda lookin at CMG Guitars Ashlee model, played one yrs ago and it was very nice. Seems like a good place to start looking, maybe the Sire line as well

1 Like

Please allow me to introduce myself
I am a man of wealth and taste
I’ve been working on it for a long, long time
Stole the licks and riffs from hundreds and …oke I will stop now :blush:

And there it is
The day you knew would come is finally here (only a fun sentence for Dutch people who know that terrible coronation song :smile:)

:no_entry: :five: :zero: :no_entry: :five: :zero: :no_entry: :five: :zero: :no_entry:

Hello Roger here,
According to my own thoughts, I now join you Old Dogs and I will do a little better my best to give you a warm welcome here :sunglasses:, with an increased risk that because of all those extra words several of us oldies will not make it to the end of this long Topic get it… OOoo no no I don’t mean thát :scream: no not what Brian @brianlarsen meant many posts above of course with already one leg in the …
:upside_down_face: . I mean some of you will falling asleep in between :laughing:

I think/feel it is quite an honor to post this here , myself and everyone around us never thought…several times for multiple reasons that I would reach 50…and then in this way with this fantastic community and above all the ridiculously good and nice lessons attached to this community (or was it the other way around??? :smile:)

My special thanks first to Justin and then Lieven @LievenDV Richard @Richard_close2u David @DavidP (for keeping us in line, never to be underestimated and vital to the community … never take this for granted :sunglasses: :star_struck: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:)

And of course you The Members of this community in a fortunately somewhat stable form and all passers-by who sometimes brighten things up for a shorter period of time and continue their way in a different way with a richer experience.
Thank you THank you Thank you all. :raised_hands:

I invite you all to have a snack and a drink in your own music room :smile:

Dear greetings ,Rogier :sunflower:

15 Likes

Congrats Roger, Many happy returns and to many more years learning guitar. Have a great day.
:tada::birthday::violin:
Cheers,
Alan

2 Likes

Did you by any chance hit your head when you threw yourself down the stairs? :crazy_face:
Should we interpret this as ‘It’s my birthday and I’ll cry if I want to?’ :thinking:
I’ve wished you Happy Birthday on the wrong day before, but just in case you are one of the ‘more sensitive’ Dutchmen, here you go again:
*Happy Birthday, dear Rogier… * :musical_score: :notes: :guitar:
(You can already play guitar, what new trick are you going to try to learn? :wink:)

3 Likes

@roger_holland
Do I see ‘No Entry’ signs surrounding the number 50 in your post? Is that symbolic.
Happy birthday young man. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes Brian It is today :smile:
Thank you @Alan_1970 @brianlarsen @Richard_close2u

yes, certainly, but it was at the bottom of the stairs, not from the stairs :blush: :upside_down_face: :smile:

Repeat and repeat…don’t forget your brakes you fool ,and drive with feeeeeling,and incorporate that into a song :grin:
Thank you :grinning: :kissing_heart:

And Richard,
:grin: No not really symbolic, it had to be a traffic sign with 50 in it or a STOP sign, but too long at the computer to look it up is actually not that good for my neck, shoulder and back … so it was a matter of convenience…
And Thank you :smiley: :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations Ron!
I’ll go for that drink and snack, thank you :smiley:

2 Likes

Still a youngster my man !
Bonne Anniversaire.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well, well, well, Happy Birthday my friend. Officially an old fart now. Don’t start smelling the place up. :crazy_face::nerd_face::wink:.

Seriously though, I do have some understanding of the health struggles you must have faced upon your journey to 50, and I tip my hat to you .
Hopefully, this place continues to keep you young and inspired as it does me.

All the best Roger.

PS. I think a short improv or original solo is in order to celebrate the milestone. :sunglasses:

Cheers Shane.

2 Likes

Pleased to meet you
Hope you celebrate in style, oh yeah :notes: :notes: :grinning:

All the best Rogier!! :tada: :gift: :bouquet: :guitar: :grinning:

2 Likes

Happy birthday Rogier, I hope you have/are having a fantastic day. :beers:

I also hope you are feeling a little less bruised after your tumble the other day.

1 Like

Happy 50 Rogier. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:. Remember to Keep the rubber side down

3 Likes

Dear Rogier :smiley:

Wishing you a happy, rockin’ birthday filled with great music, sweet tunes, awesome riffs, memorable solos and all the things that make you happiest :partying_face: :four_leaf_clover: :bouquet: :guitar:

2 Likes

So, 50, eh? Youngster! :rofl:

Happy Birthday.

2 Likes

[quote=“roger_holland, post:639, topic:26183”]:no_entry: :five: :zero: :no_entry: :five: :zero: :no_entry: :five: :zero: :no_entry:

Hello Roger here,
According to my own thoughts, I now join you Old Dogs
[/quote]

Happy birthday Rogier! Have the best day ever, I hope it’s a good one :hugs:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday, Rogier!
Welcome to the illustrious group of Old…
Guitarists
:smiley:

2 Likes